The London Knights extended their win streak to five games with three wins over the weekend, and a major reason for that was the play of their 2013 NHL Draft prospects.
On Friday, goalie Jake Paterson faced a season-high 42 shots, but stopped a season-high 41 to backstop a 4-1 defeat of the Sudbury Wolves. Teammate center Kyle Platzer had a pair of assists in the win.
Saturday saw left wing Matt Rupert post a hat trick and add an assist in a 5-0 win at Plymouth, while teammate Bo Horvat had a goal and an assist. Rupert, who was passed over in last year's draft, had a hand in the Knights' first four goals.
Rupert was at it again Sunday, picking up a goal and an assist in a 5-3 defeat of the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. Max Domi had two goals and an assist and Horvat had a pair of assists.
London's draft prospects weren't the only 2013 draft-eligible Ontario Hockey League players to perform at a high level over the weekend. Here are a few others:
* Plymouth Whalers right wing Ryan Hartman had a pair of assists Friday in a 5-3 win against the Windsor Spitfires.
* Ottawa 67s center Sean Monahan had a pair of goals and an assist in his team's 8-3 loss to the Saginaw Spirit on Friday. He added an assist in the 67's 3-2 loss to the Belleville Bulls on Sunday to extend his scoring streak to 10 games.
* Barrie teammates Brendan Bell and Zach Hall each had a pair of assists in the Colts' 5-3 win at the Oshawa Generals on Friday. Hall added a pair of assists in Barrie's 4-3 loss to the Brampton Battalion on Saturday.
* Erie left wing Stephen Harper scored a pair of goals in the Otters' 6-1 defeat of Oshawa on Saturday.
* Niagara left wing Anthony DiFruscia scored a pair of goals and teammate Christopher Festarini stopped 42 of 44 shots in the IceDogs' 5-2 defeat of the Peterborough Petes on Saturday.
* Owen Sound Attack center Cameron Brace had a goal and two assists in his team's 7-5 defeat of the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds on Saturday. In a losing effort, Sault Ste. Marie left wing Sergey Tolchinsky scored two goals.
* Brampton left wing Barclay Goodrow scored two goals in the Battalion's 5-1 win against the Guelph Storm on Sunday. Goalie Matej Machovsky stopped 40 of 41 shots in the win.
* Center Dylan Smoskowitz scored the game-winning goal with 3:45 left in the third period to lift the Mississauga Steelheads to a 2-1 defeat of Peterborough on Sunday.
Contact Adam Kimelman at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter: @NHLAdamK