Montreal Canadiens forward George Parros, out since sustaining a concussion during a game Oct. 1 against the Toronto Maple Leafs, is nearly symptom-free, according to comments from Canadiens general manger Marc Bergevin to the Montreal Gazette.
Bergevin told the newspaper Wednesday that Parros, "is doing good, feeling a lot better. He's almost symptom-free."
Parros was injured when he fell face-first to the ice while fighting the Maple Leafs' Colton Orr. Parros was removed from the rink on a stretcher and spent the night at a Montreal hospital but was released the following morning and has visited with teammates at the club's practice facility in Brossard, Quebec.
Bergevin said there's no timetable for Parros' return to the lineup.
"A concussion is a hard thing to gauge," Bergevin said. "You could have a guy out a week or 10 days -- [Brendan] Gallagher last year was quick, but [Rene] Bourque and Raffi [Raphael Diaz] went longer. You never know with concussions. Overall, we're pretty happy with where George is at today, looking at everything that happened.
"Every day is just a checklist. It's to check the symptoms, a whole bunch of them -- headaches, [sensitivity to] lights. … He's almost symptom-free as we speak. Every day is an evaluation because the next day could be worse, but so far it's been going up every day.
"I'm pretty confident that George will be back sooner than later."