RANGERS RECLAIM SECOND PLACE IN METROPOLITAN DIVISION
Henrik Lundqvist made 25 saves and Rick Nash scored the game-winning goal at 11:14 of the third period and the New York Rangers improved to 8-1-0 in their past nine home games against the Florida Panthers dating to March 22, 2011 (FLA: 1-7-1), including five straight wins.
* At 41-24-8 (90 points), the Rangers leapfrogged the idle Pittsburgh Penguins (40-24-8, 88 points) to reclaim sole possession of second place in the Metropolitan Division.
* The Rangers have earned 13 straight wins in the game immediately following a regulation loss dating to Dec. 22. Per Elias, New York's 13-game winning streak in games immediately following a regulation loss is the longest in one season in Rangers history.
Video: FLA@NYR: Zuccarello beats Montoya top-shelf
* Elias adds that the Rangers are the first team to have a 13-game winning streak in games immediately following a regulation loss in one season since the Detroit Red Wings posted a 14-game run from Oct. 27, 1993 - Feb. 24, 1994.
AROUND THE RINKS
* Ryan Johansen (1-2-3), James Neal (1-1-2) and Roman Josi (1-1-2) each had multiple points to help the Nashville Predators stretch their home point streak to eight games (5-0-3). Johansen had his second three-point game of the season (Jan. 14 at WPG: 1-2-3). Pekka Rinne (28 saves) is 10-1-2 in his past 13 games, including three straight wins. At 37-23-13 (87 points), the Predators climbed within four points of the idle Chicago Blackhawks (42-24-7, 91 points) for third place in the Central Division.
* Brandon Manning scored the game-winner, the first goal of his NHL career, to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 6-1-1 record in their past eight games. Steve Mason (23 saves) is 5-1-1 in his past seven games. At 35-24-12 (82 points), the Flyers moved within a point of the idle Red Wings (36-25-11, 83 points) for the second wild card in the Eastern Conference.
Video: CGY@TOR: Nylander scores go-ahead goal in the 3rd
* William Nylander (1-2-3) had a career-high three points, including his first career game-winning goal 29 seconds into the third period, to help the Toronto Maple Leafs to their fourth win in their past five games (4-1-0). Per Elias, Nylander became the first Maple Leafs rookie to get three points in a game since Peter Holland on Dec. 14, 2013 vs. CHI (2-1-3).
MILESTONES & BENCHMARKS
* Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist eclipsed 40,000 minutes in his NHL career (40,025).
* Predators forward James Neal (1-1-2) reached the 400-point milestone (212-188-400).
* Islanders captain John Tavares skated in the 500th game of his NHL career.
Video: LAK@NSH: Forsberg pads the lead with his 30th goal
Predators forward Filip Forsberg (30-24-54) scored the game-winner to hit the 30-goal mark for the first time in his NHL career. ... Islanders forward Kyle Okposo (20-36-56) scored to reach 20 goals for the third time in his nine NHL seasons (also 2013-14 and 2011-12). ... Los Angeles Kings forward Anze Kopitar (0-2-2) extended his point streak to six games (4-5-9). ... Panthers forward Jussi Jokinen (0-1-1) has at least one point in 13 of his past 14 games (4-12-16). ... Calgary Flames forward Joe Colborne (1-0-1) has scored four times in his past five games (4-2-6). ... Flames forward Matt Stajan scored his second shorthanded goal of the season (Dec. 27 vs. EDM) and the 11th of his NHL career. ... The Maple Leafs have won four consecutive home games vs. CGY dating to Oct. 15, 2011 (CGY: 0-4-0). ... The Predators are 6-0-3 in their past nine games vs. LAK dating to Oct. 17, 2013 (LAK: 3-4-2). ... Panthers forward Jaromir Jagr, who was 124-195-319 in 277 regular-season games with the Rangers from 2003-04 to 2007-08, received a standing ovation during a first-period stoppage in play at Madison Square Garden. ... Penguins center Sidney Crosby, Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick and Flames center Sean Monahan have been named the NHL's "Three Stars" for the week ending March 20. ... Predators forward Mike Fisher (1-0-1) was honored in a pre-game ceremony at Bridgestone Arena for skating in his 1,000th career game on March 3 vs. NJD.