Home Team in Caps
WASHINGTON 3, Chicago 2
Los Angeles 3, VANCOUVER 2
BROUWER GOAL CREATES CLASSIC WIN FOR CAPITALS
Troy Brouwer scored a power-play goal with 12.9 seconds left in regulation to give the Washington Capitals a 3-2 win against the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2015 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic before 42,832 fans at Nationals Park in Washington, D.C. Re-live all the events from the day through NHL.com's extensive Winter Classic coverage.
KINGS STAGE RALLY TO OVERTAKE CANUCKS IN PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS
Facing a 2-0 deficit, the Los Angeles Kings scored three consecutive goals including two within 53 seconds late in the third period en route to a 3-2 regulation victory over the Vancouver Canucks. The Kings improved to 19-12-8 (46 points) this season, leapfrogging the Canucks, the Calgary Flames and the San Jose Sharks to take sole possession of second in the Pacific Division standings.
* Jarret Stoll (1-0—1) scored the game-winner with his fourth goal of the season. The goal is Stoll's second game-winner of the season; his first came Nov. 15 in a 3-2 overtime win versus the Anaheim Ducks.
* Stoll's goal came just 53 seconds after Justin Williams (1-0—1) tied the score at 2-2 on a power play with his ninth goal of the season. The tally is Williams' second power-play goal of the season. Paired with the win, Los Angeles improved to 13-3-2 this season when scoring on the power play.
* Jonathan Quick made 14 saves on 16 shots to improve to 16-9-7 this season with a 2.27 goals-against average and a .919 save percentage. Quick's 16th win of the season tied him for 10th among NHL goaltenders.
* Dwight King (1-0—1) scored his fifth goal of the season to make the score 2-1. King has scored three times over his past nine games.
* Drew Doughty (0-1—1) had his team-leading 19th assist of the season.
Vancouver forward Radim Vrbata (1-1—2) recorded his seventh multipoint game of the season and has five points (3-2—5) over his past five games. … Vancouver forward Alexandre Burrows (1-0—1) opened the scoring on a power-play with his ninth goal of the season. The goal was the third power-play goal of the season for Burrows, who now has five points (3-2—5) in his past five games. … Vancouver goaltender Ryan Miller's 37 saves were one shy of tying his season-high of 38 set on Dec. 22 in a 7-1 win over the Arizona Coyotes. … Vancouver forwards Henrik Sedin (0-1—1) and Daniel Sedin (0-1—1) recorded their 25th and 24th assists of the season, respectively. D. Sedin leads the team with 32 points (8-24—32) and H. Sedin is second with 31 (6-25—31). … The Department of Player Safety announced that Oilers defenseman Keith Aulie has been suspended for two games for an illegal check to the head of Flames forward Matt Stajan.