Sven Andrighetto had a solid showing last season, his first with the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, but it wasn't enough to get him drafted by the NHL.
This season, the native of Zurich, Switzerland is doing his best to hear his name called at the 2013 draft. The 5-foot-9.5, 175-pound right wing had four goals, five assists and a plus-6 rating in four games last week, earning him the Telus First Star of the Week.
Andrighetto started his week four assists in a 5-4 win against the Acadie-Bathurst Titan on Wednesday, He had a pair of goals and an assist in a 6-5 shootout loss to the Saint John Sean Dogs on Friday and added goals in a 6-3 win against the PEI Rocket on Saturday and Sunday in a 3-2 win against the Moncton Wildcats. The goal against Moncton was the game-winner.
With 22 points in 11 games, Andrighetto is second in the league in scoring, and his 13 assists are tied for the lead.
Victoriaville Tigres center Angelo Miceli was named second star after totaling eight points in three games. He had a goal and an assist in a 4-3 loss to Baie-Comeau Drakkar on Wednesday, and had the same output in a 5-4 loss to the Drummondville Voltigeurs on Saturday. He closed his week Sunday with a pair of goals and two assists in a 5-3 defeat of the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada.
PEI Rocket goalie Antoine Bibeau was named third star for stopping all 22 shots he faced for his first QMJHL shutout in a 4-0 win against Saint John. He followed that with 21 saves in a 4-3 PEI overtime victory Friday against Acadie-Bathurst.
They weren't the only QMJHL draft prospects to turn in big performances last week:
* Quebec Remparts right wing Adam Erne, an A-rated skater in NHL Central Scouting's preliminary rankings of prospects for this year's draft, had a goal and an assist in a 4-1 win at the Gatineau Olympiques on Friday.
* Rouyn-Noranda Huskies center Jean-Sebastien Dea had a goal and two assists in a 6-5 shootout loss to Saint John.
* Rimouski Oceanic center Frederik Gauthier and left wing Scott Oke combined for six points in a 4-2 win against Baie-Comeau on Friday. Gauthier, an A-rated skater, had two goals and an assist, while Oke added a goal and two assists.
* Val-d'Or Foreurs left wing Anthony Mantha had a hat trick and an assist in a 7-1 win at Saint John on Saturday.
* Baie-Comeau goalie Simon Lemieux stopped all 24 shots Saturday in a 2-0 win at Rimouski.
* Chicoutimi Sagueneens center Laurent Dauphin had a pair of goals and an assist in a 7-3 win at Gatineau.
Contact Adam Kimelman at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter: @NHLAdamK