2015 Molson Canadian NHL Face-Off screening guidelines/guidance are listed below.
In order to increase the efficiency of the screening process, fans should keep the following in mind before they arrive at the venue entrance:
- Minimize the number of personal items you bring to the venue.
- Remove from your clothing and belongings all items that may trigger a hand wand's alarm.
- Hold those items in your hand or, as a better option, place them in a gallon-size clear bag.
In most cases, security screeners will have plastic bins into which those items can be placed while fans are being screened by security using hand wands.
- If the an alarm sounds, you will be subject to a secondary screening, which may slow your entry into the venue.
The NHL bag policy has not changed: ALL PERMITTED BAGS MUST BE THOROUGHLY SEARCHED. (Some venues may provide separate screening lanes for patrons without bags.)
As a general rule, permitted bags should be soft-sided, not larger than 12x6x12 inches and should be able to fully fit beneath your arena seat. Bags that are fully packed take longer to search; clear bags, packed loosely, are more-easily examined. Please be aware that prohibited items (see below) will not be permitted into the arena
Prohibited Items (listed but not limited to):
- Weapons – guns - firearms - ammunition
- Self Defense Sprays – mace
- Fuels – torches – lighter fluid
- Knives – brass knuckles – billy clubs – black jacks – kubatons
- Martial Arts Weapons – night sticks – nunchucks – stun guns/tasers
- Razor Type Blades – box cutters – razor blades – scissors
- Animals (unless a service animal)
- Bottles or cans
- Sealed packages of any kind
- Aerosol cans or noisemaking devices
- Drones (UAS-Unmanned Aircraft Systems) or other model aircraft
- Laser pointing devices
- Selfie Sticks or telescopic devices
- Hazardous Items – chemicals – paints – thinners
- Any other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by NHL or arena personnel, in their sole discretion
Venue security continues to be a top priority for the NHL. Creating a safe environment for our fans, players and employees has been at the forefront of League security planning.