Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. announced Wednesday that a limited number of tickets for each of the 41 regular season home games of the 2002-03 Toronto Maple Leafs season will be released to the public through the Air Canada Centre Ticket Office, before they become available through Ticketmaster. In conjunction with the sale, the club has announced details of a random wristband policy (SEE BELOW) that will be in effect to ensure fair accessibility for all fans.
Tickets for games scheduled October 12, 2002 through April 5, 2003 will be available beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday, September 28, 2002 at the arena ticket office only for a period of three hours. Wristbands will be issued to those with proper identification and their own credit card at the arena ticket office beginning Friday, September 27, 2002 from 9:30 a.m to 8 p.m., and customers must be in line at the ticket office no later than 8:20 a.m. the following morning - Saturday, September 28.
Tickets can only be purchased by the person who obtained the wristband and the same photo identification and credit card must be presented. A limit of four tickets per game up to a maximum of eight tickets total will be imposed. Purchases must be made by credit card and only VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, SEARS AND ENROUTE/DINERS CLUB will be accepted. Cash and debit card sales will not be available. Tickets start at $24 and handling fees do apply.
Should there be tickets remaining following the 9 a.m. to 12 noon sales window at Air Canada Centre, the remaining tickets will be available through Ticketmaster by phone (416-872-5000) and Internet (ticketmaster.ca) as well as at the Air Canada Centre Ticket Office. If tickets remain, outlet sales will commence Monday.
Use of a random wristband policy has been a past practice for major concerts and entertainment events. This is the third year that the policy has been used by the Maple Leafs in an effort to maximize the opportunity for as many fans as possible to attend a Leafs game.
PLEASE READ THE WRISTBAND POLICIES BELOW BEFORE PLANNING TO PURCHASE TICKETS.
1. Wristbands will only be issued to those 12 years old and over - no exceptions. Fans must present their own proper credit card and photo ID when receiving their wristband. No secondary credit cards and photo ID will be accepted.
2. No camping or loitering before 7:15 a.m. on the ticket sales date. Patrons must be in line no later than 8:20 a.m.
3. No earlier than 8:30 a.m. on the day of sale, a starting number will be drawn at random. Persons arriving after the starting number has been drawn will move to the back of the line and forfeit their wristband.
4. Each person will line up in numerical sequence behind the person wearing the starting number. Persons wearing wristbands with lower numbers will line up in sequence behind the person wearing the highest numbered wristband issued at that location.
5. BECAUSE OF THE RANDOM DRAW, THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE IN HAVING THE FIRST WRISTBAND OR ARRIVING EARLY.
6. Failure to comply in an orderly manner will result in refusal of service. Wristbands are non-transferable and only one band will be issued per person. Broken, damaged or tampered bands are void and will not be honoured.
7. POSSESSION OF A WRISTBAND ASSURES YOU A PLACE IN LINE BUT DOES NOT GUARANTEE TICKET AVAILABILITY.
8. No wristbands will be issued after close of business on the day before the event goes on sale.
9. CASH & DEBIT CARDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS AND ENROUTE/DINNERS CLUB & SEARS CREDIT CARDS ONLY.