Skip to main content
The Official Site of the Toronto Maple Leafs

D'Amigo's Road Trip Diary

by Jerry D'Amigo / Toronto Maple Leafs
Jerry D’Amigo and the Toronto Marlies are in the midst of a grueling road trip that might be the longest junket they endure in the pros. The rookie winger scored his first professional goal in the first game of the trip and took part in his first fight in the second.

Here’s Jerry’s journal from his latest port of call.


Hey guys,

It was nice to be back in Binghamton last night and today! Right now I'm on the team bus heading to our game in Hershey.

We seem to be rolling pretty good right now as a team. After being scored on first last night, we bounced back with five straight goals for the win.

I woke up this morning in my hometown today and the sun was shining! It felt great. I got breakfast with my dad this morning before the bus ride. It was nice to see him again!

Really looking forward to tomorrow night, apparently there's going to be lots of fans out to see me play. However, I'm real focused on tonight as well for our game against the Bears.

Hope you guys have a nice weekend too. Only eight more days before we are back at Ricoh Coliseum!


Hey guys,

We're in Glens Falls, NY right now and I just got off the ice from our morning skate. We play the Phantoms tonight and they are going to come out hard so we have to be ready.

Yesterday was a day off for the team after our big win in Hartford on Tuesday night. I went to school not far from here so a few of my buddies drove down to come hang out. It was really good to see them again.

I also bought Call of Duty Black Ops and played that for a bit yesterday. I went out for dinner with my 'Great White Buffalo' last night too.
Our hotel here is called the Queensbury Hotel and it's really old. Apparently there's some pretty crazy ghost stories about the place, but I didn't see any.

Anyways guys, I'll catch you tomorrow before our game against Hershey.

Jerry D


Hey guys,

So it's been a crazy few days on this road trip for us. On Sunday, we took a three hour bus ride to Oklahoma City to play the Barons. Not sure if you saw the game but it was a crazy one. We ended up losing 7-6 in a shootout. Then we bussed three hours back to our hotel in Dallas after the game. 

We flew out of Dallas yesterday morning and got into Hartford at 5 pm. It was a lot colder here last night then it was back in Texas that's for sure. It was raining and about 45 degrees when we landed.

After I checked into the hotel I went with a few teammates to dinner downtown Hartford (don't worry, I didn't pay this time).

Also, I just want to let you guys know that my eye is doing better from my fight last week. It still hurts a little bit, but I look tougher!

Alright, I have to get ready for our game tonight. The Wolf Pack have lost nine of their last 10 games so they're going to come hard at us tonight.



Hey guys,

I don't know if you guys saw last night but I got into my first pro tilt. Colton Gillies from the Aeros (he's listed as five inches taller than me) and I got into it, but I gave him a run for his money for my first fight ever.

I took a decent shot to my eye and now it's pretty sore. I had a tough time sleeping on my left side last night, but I'm just happy when I woke up that it wasn't swollen shut. I look kind of like Rocky right now so everybody is calling me the Italian Stallion.

We ended up coming back after falling behind 2-0, but lost in the shootout. I wish I was out there to help out the boys.

We got in at 3 a.m. last night to Austin so I slept in a bit and then went to the arena for the morning skate.

I think tonight I'm going to focus more on scoring goals and less on fighting. Hopefully we can pick up the two points against the Stars tonight and then head off to Oklahoma City tomorrow.

Alright guys, catch you tomorrow.

Jerry D


Hey guys,

Yesterday was a pretty fun day in Houston. We kicked it off with practice at noon at Toyota Center, which is also where the NBA's Houston Rockets play. We saw a few of the players walking around the arena after practice. They are some pretty tall dudes!

Then I spent the afternoon at the Galleria mall which was right next to our hotel. I got a really nice haircut while I was there, but don't worry guys, I didn't cut off the mustache. They had an indoor ice pad at the mall too which was cool to see.

After that I took some teammates out for dinner. I treated them since the night before I scored my first goal.

Tonight we got another big game here in Houston. Let's hope we can keep things rolling against the Aeros.


Hey guys,

So I finally got the monkey off my back last night in San Antonio. Juraj Mikus set me up on the power play and I was able to bury my first goal. I was pretty jacked up about it. More importantly we got the win which was huge because we really needed it.

After the game we took a three hour bus ride to Houston because we play those guys on Friday night. It was pretty crammed on the bus, but it wasn't too bad because we watched Heat. Don't know if you guys have seen it, but it's got Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino in it. Great flick. We ended up getting into the hotel at 1am and then I just slept.

We have practice today at Toyota Center and then I think I might check out a movie with some of my teammates. Not sure what I'm going to see just yet, but I'll let you guys know tomorrow.

Also, my mustache for Movember is coming in pretty good. You'll have to come down to Ricoh when we get back to check it out.


Hey everybody,

So this is my first big road trip with the Marlies and so far it's been great. We finally got into San Antonio yesterday after a 6 a.m. bus from Ricoh Coliseum. It's great to be back in the USA too!

After I checked into the hotel I went with Ryan Hamilton, Jussi Rynnas and James Reimer to the Alamo to check it out. "Remember the Alamo!"  It was pretty cool, but not as fun as the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum we went to after.

I went to dinner with a few teammates at an Italian restaurant last night on the Riverwalk. I decided to go with the Italian sausage and pasta.

Then I shut it down after that and slept for over ten hours! It was awesome.

Now I'm getting ready for our big game tonight against the Rampage. We really need this one tonight.

View More