The Learn to Skate program is meant to provide your students with an initial introduction to our sports while engaging teachers and student ambassadors who will work to create sustainable opportunities for students to continue participating in sport following the completion of the four (4) week program.
Expectations of a Learn To Skate program recipient:
- Welcome MLSE Youth Sport Development Instructors to deliver a once per week, four week program between November 2014 and May 2015
- Secure a practice space at the school or in the community on a weekly basis to deliver the program (location and time must be consistent each week with a 3.5 hour minimum requirement)
- Provide a minimum of two Teacher Ambassadors and two Student Ambassadors (between grades 6 - 8) to provide program support as required
- Commit to recruitment, registration and weekly attendance tracking of students selected to participate in the program:
- Learn to Kick - 80 spaces available
- Learn to Dribble - 100 spaces available
- Learn to Skate - 100 spaces available
- Assess the program at the mid-point and conclusion of the monthly session via survey provided by MLSE
If you can commit to the above and interested in applying for the program, please proceed to the application form.