The Tampa Bay Lightning enter the first half of back-to-backs tonight as they face the Philadelphia Flyers for the third and final time this season. The last time these two teams faced off, Tampa Bay defeated Philly 6-3 with five different Bolts players scoring goals. Puck drops at 7:30 p.m. and you can follow all of the action on Sun Sports.
Here are six storylines to follow heading into tonight's matchup:
- Anders Lindback is 2-0 versus the Flyers this season. The goalie has started each of the past five games versus Philadelphia.
- A victory tonight for the Bolts would result in the first season series sweep of Philadelphia since the 2005-2006 season.
- Teddy Purcell is slated to skate in his 400th career game tonight.
- The Bolts have picked up points in 13 of their past 16 games.
- The power play unit has continued to find success with at least a goal on the man advantage in eight of its past 12 games.
- Ondrej Palat and Valtteri Filppula are currently tied for the most points on the team with 57.
The Other Side
- The Flyers will look to end a five-game losing streak versus Tampa at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
- Vinny Lecavalier scored his 20th goal of the season on Tuesday night, he enters tonight's contest having netted five goals in his past seven games.