TAMPA BAY - The Tampa Bay Lightning and the City of Tampa are working together to host two events this Wednesday, September 30 to welcome the 2020 Stanley Cup Champions back to Tampa Bay from the National Hockey League's Edmonton "bubble." In its quest to win the Stanley Cup, the Lightning have been away from home since Sunday, July 26, playing its games in Toronto and Edmonton. The team will return to Tampa on Tuesday, September 29 at 5 p.m.
"The Stanley Cup is once again coming home to Tampa and we could not be more proud of the Tampa Bay Lightning for embodying the resilient, fighting spirit of the Tampa Bay community and for bringing the Cup home," said Jane Castor, Mayor of the City of Tampa. "Despite every challenge this past year, Tampa continues to ensure that our comeback is even greater than any setback. Thank you to our team for working hard, playing hard, and giving our community something to celebrate. We cannot wait for Stanley to get that tan. GO BOLTS!"
The Lightning, which captured its first Stanley Cup in 2004, defeated the Dallas Stars, four games to two in the 2020 Stanley Cup Final, clinching the Cup with a 2-0 win over the Stars in Game 6 on Monday night.
There will be two events held for fans that wish to congratulate and celebrate with the Lightning:
- 2020 Stanley Cup Champions Boat Parade
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, September 30
- City of Tampa Riverwalk/Hillsborough River
- Fans are encouraged to safely gather along the Riverwalk, exercising proper social distancing guidelines, including the wearing of face coverings
- 2020 Stanley Cup Champions Celebration
- 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, September 30
- Raymond James Stadium
- Free Parking beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- Doors to the Stadium open at 6:30 p.m.
- Tickets for the event will be free, necessary information here:
- They can be claimed at ticketmaster.com, beginning Tuesday at 1 p.m.
- Socially distant pod seating will apply, with groups available for 1-6 people
- Ticket delivery will be mobile only
- All Social Distancing guidelines for Raymond James Stadium will be in effect. Please see the attached document for more information on parking, safety, screening and security.