TAMPA BAY – The Tampa Bay Lightning will open the First Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs at Amalie Arena on Thursday, April 16 against the Detroit Red Wings, the National Hockey League announced early Sunday morning.
Playoff Ticket Sales Information
· Only a limited amount of single game tickets remain for the Lightning’s first round of the playoffs at Amalie Arena.
· Tickets that are available can be purchased at www.TampaBayLightning.com/tickets or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
· The best way for fans to secure Lightning Stanley Cup Playoff tickets for every round is by selecting 2015-16 season ticket memberships.
· The best way to secure the season ticket offer is by calling the Lightning at 813.301.6600 or by going to TampaBayLightning.com.
· The Lightning will continue its popular Subway Student Rush ticket offer for the first round of the playoffs. The team will hold 100 tickets per game for students to purchase with valid ID.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Detroit Red Wings
· The Lightning finished in second place in the Eastern Conference’s Atlantic Division with a franchise-best 108 points.
· Tampa Bay’s 50 wins this season and its 32 home victories were both franchise highs.
· The Red Wings finished in third place in the Atlantic Division with 100 points.
· The winner of this series will play the winner of the Montreal Canadiens/Ottawa Senators series in the Second Round of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
· The Lightning and Red Wings have never met in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
· The Lightning and Red Wings played four times this season with the Bolts winning three of the four games, including both contests at Amalie Arena.
- The Lightning out-scored the Red Wings 8-2 in the two games at Amalie Arena.
- Tampa Bay has gone 7-2-0 against Detroit since the beginning of the 2013-14 season.
· Lightning general manager, Steve Yzerman, spent 27 seasons in the Red Wings organization as both a player and a member of their management staff. Yzerman won four Stanley Cups in Detroit, three as a player and one as a member of their staff.