LIGHTNING OFFER UP $1 MILLION PRIZES DURING THIS WEEKEND'S INAUGURAL LIGHTNING COLLEGE HOCKEY CLASSIC AT THE ST. PETE TIMES FORUM!
/ Tampa Bay Lightning
The St. Pete Times Forum will play host to a four-team NCAA Division I hockey tournament, The Lightning College Hockey Classic, this Friday, October 27 and Saturday, October 28. Games will be held at 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. each day. The inaugural tournament features Notre Dame, Army, Air Force, and the University of Alabama-Huntsville, and is presented by Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-Downtown, Florida Sports Foundation and Tampa Bay Sports Commission. Tampa Bay Lightning season ticket holders and fans purchasing tickets for both nights will receive discounted pricing.
The Tampa Bay Lightning will give fans attending the Lightning College Hockey Classic a chance to win $1 million during each game this Friday and Saturday! During each game one fan in attendance will be selected for the chance to win $1 million. If a goal is scored by either team during second period at a time that coincides with the fan's birth date, he or she will win the million dollar prize. As an example, if the participant's birthday is January 2, a goal must be scored with 1:02 remaining on the game clock during the second period. Fans must be present to win.
One fan will be chosen to participate during each game of the Lightning College Hockey Classic. Air Force and Alabama - Huntsville will face off on Friday at 5 p.m. with Notre Dame and Army dropping the puck at 8 p.m. The teams that lose on Friday will open Saturday's games at 5 p.m. with the winning teams meeting at 8 p.m.
Notre Dame will serve as the host institution for the Lightning College Hockey Classic and the Fighting Irish are scheduled to play in the event for at least three years. Notre Dame is 3-1 heading into the Lightning College Classic after defeating then top-ranked Boston College, 7-1, last weekend. The previous unranked Fighting Irish were rewarded for their quick start as they moved to 11th in the nation and three of the four CCHA Players of the Week came from South Bend.
"As we prepare to host the NCAA Frozen Four in 2012, we look forward to establishing a regular college hockey presence in Tampa Bay," said Ron Campbell, president of the Tampa Bay Lightning and the St. Pete Times Forum. "Ideally we will host the College Hockey Classic each year during the holiday season but I would like to thank Notre Dame, Army, Air Force and Alabama-Huntsville, host institution for our Frozen Four, for joining us this October.
MILLION DOLLAR BIRTHDAY GAME OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO ENTRY FEE, PAYMENT, OR PROOF OF PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL U.S. FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. PRIZE: The Winner of the MILLION DOLLAR BIRTHDAY GAME (the "Game") will receive One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00) from Tampa Bay Arena, L.P., d/b/a the St. Pete Times Forum (the "Operator"). The prize will be disbursed to the Winner within thirty (30) days after the Winner has won the Game.
3. HOW TO WIN: During each game of the Lightning College Hockey Classic staged at the St. Pete Times Forum on October 27 and 28, 2006 until there has been a Winner of the Game, an eligible person present in the stands (the "Contestant") will be selected at random by the Operator prior to the commencement of the second period of the applicable tournament game. The Contestant will be asked by a representative of the Operator to state the month and day of the Contestant's birthday over the public address system. If a team scores a goal in the second period with the exact time remaining in the second period that correlates to the birthday of the Contestant, the Contestant is the Winner. The exact time remaining in the second period correlates to the birthday of the Contestant if the number of minutes remaining is equivalent to the Contestant's birth month (i.e., January = 1, February = 2, March = 3, etc.) and the number of seconds remaining is equivalent to the Contestant's birth day. For example, a Contestant whose birthday is June 15 will be a winner if a team scores a goal with 6:15 remaining in the second period.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Game is open to all persons who are 18 years or older. Employees of the Tampa Bay Lightning, the St. Pete Times Forum, Sun Sports or any participating sponsors, and their parent corporations, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies (and the immediate family members of all such employees, and all others with whom they are domiciled) are not eligible to win.
5. OPERATOR'S DECISIONS; PUBLICITY: The Operator's decisions regarding the selection of the Contestant and all other aspects of the Game shall be final and binding in all respects. The Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes, and must provide the Operator with the Winner's social security number and other information to enable the Operator to issue a Form 1099 to the Winner. The Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity release as a condition to winning. Failure of the Winner to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any other term or condition of these Official Rules, may at the sole discretion of the Operator result in the Winner's disqualification and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize. Except where prohibited, participation in the Game constitutes Contestant's consent to the publication of his or her name, voice and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose without further compensation.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Game, each Contestant agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Game, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, e but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any Contestant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each person entering the Game thereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.