The Bolts Score With Reading program presented by Spectrum and Moe's Southwest Grill is designed for children in first grade classrooms, to encourage students to read at least an additional 25 minutes per day, over a six (6) week period, to help make reading a habit and part of their daily routine. This annual program is now easily facilitated through myON and assists students in becoming "all-star" readers with tiered reading goals and the ability to win great prizes! ThunderBug and Lightning personalities will be on a reading "power play" to reinforce the importance of literacy throughout this campaign.
The process is simple! The "score" of minutes read during the designated six (6) week time-period is kept and verified through myON, and students are rewarded with prizes upon program completion. Teachers and Media Specialists are also acknowledged for their embracement of the program and for their students reaching group milestones. Top performing schools and classrooms will receive group prizes.
How the Program Works
- Guardians/ students log into myON on January 23, 2017 for the Bolts Score With Reading Faceoff
- The student reading period will occur for six (6) consecutive weeks running January 23 - March 5, 2017; students' minutes read will be tracked through myON
- Students will receive prizes for reaching individual reading milestones within the period as follows:
- Read 25 minutes/day x 20 days = 500 minutes = Score With Reading supply pouch
- Read 25 minutes/day x 40 days = 1,000 minutes = Score With Reading supply pouch and lunch bag
- The top five (5) schools with the most average minutes read wins! All (five-5) of the top schools will receive a ThunderBug Reading (Pep) Rally. From each of those top five (5) schools, the first grade classroom Teacher with the most average minutes read by their students and the Media Specialist will receive a $250 gift card to Lakeshore Learning (Teacher) and Barnes & Noble (Media Specialist). Additionally, each classroom with the most average minutes read in the top five (5) schools will be rewarded with a party, including a Lightning personality attending and involving Lightning Street Hockey on a designated day at their school.
- The items listed below will be distributed following the reading period being completed:
- Achievement certificate
- Student prizes
- School/ class visits and Teacher/Media Specialist gift cards
Happy reading… we can't wait to see the minutes logged in 2017! For any questions, please feel free to contact the Tampa Bay Lightning Community Relations team at email@example.com or 813.301.6832.