Over the past two weeks, nine LA Kings prospects competed in the 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship, representing five different teams in the tournament in Czech Republic.
The Kings prospects in attendance were:
- Akil Thomas and Aidan Dudas: Team Canada
- Arthur Kaliyev and Alex Turcotte: Team USA
- Samuel Fagemo and Tobias Bjornfot: Team Sweden
- Rasmus Kupari and Kim Nouisainen: Team Finland
- Lukas Parik: Czech Republic.
The standout of the tournament was Team Sweden's Fagemo, who was the highest scoring player overall, tallying eight goals and five assists in seven games. So much so, we could have made this the Top 5 Plays of the Week: Fagemo Edition.
Nonetheless, below are the Top 5 Plays from the World Juniors:
5) Fagemo's Sixth Goal of the Tournament vs Slovakia
Who doesn't like scoring goals?
4) Kaliyev's One-Timer vs Russia
Kaliyev unloads to give Team USA the lead.
3) Fagemo Falls and Scores
With a quick turn and snap, he finds the back of the net
2) Turcotte to Kaliyev for a Power-Play Goal
The two future Kings teammates are already building chemistry.
1) Thomas' Gold Medal-Winning Goal
His first and last goal of the tournament was memorable to say the least.
The Kings are back at home tonight and Wednesday for their last pair of home games for three weeks.
Don't miss out - get tickets to the game!