, and his NHL friends, have done it again. Photos
They raised $213,500.12 (after expenses) for children and their families at Royal University Hospital, bringing their total fundraising effort to more than $750,000 in just five years!
Stoll announced yesterday the disbursement of funds from the Jarret Stoll
Patient Comfort Fund Endowment for Children at Royal University Hospital:
- Twin beds for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) which allows parents to stay overnight near their babies;
- LCD/DVD combo used to teach parents about various ways to care for their babies when they go home from NICU;
- Children’s music boxes, children’s movies and a TV/DVD combo for Nuclear Medicine, which help take children’s minds off the procedure;
- Pediatric resuscitation cart for Emergency;
- Living space at the Alvin Buckwold Children Development Centre, where families of children with special needs can relax, prepare meals and entertain their children during long days at the clinic;
- Special chair for children with feeding disorders in Speech Language Pathology.
The 5th annual sold out tournament teed off the afternoon of June 24 with a community autograph session at Boston Pizza on 51st, the Title Sponsor of the Jarret Stoll
Celebrity Golf Classic. It then moved to the Sheraton Cavalier for the Dinner & Auction Event, where more than $126,000 was raised by auctioning the opportunity to golf with an NHL player, plus great NHL memorabilia. Today was a great day on the links at the Moon Lake Golf & Country Club where Jarret announced he will be back next year – watch www.jarretstollgolf.com
for next year’s date!
NHL celebrities who made an appearance, along with Jarret this year were Drew Doughty
, Scott Hartnell, Luke Schenn, Brayden Schenn, Teddy Purcell, Nigel Dawes, Wayne Simmonds, Sheldon Brookbank, Fernando Pisani, Nick Schultz and Brad Meier.
The RUH Foundation is delighted to benefit from the generosity of Jarret Stoll
in pursuit of its mission and continues to strive to create excellence in and impact health care by raising funds that anticipate and respond to needs for research, education and patient care. Since its inception in 1983, RUH Foundation has raised $70 million for priority projects at Royal University Hospital.
The RUH Foundation: to create excellence in and impact healthcare by raising funds that anticipate and respond to needs for research, education and patient care at Royal University Hospital.