ONTARIO, Calif. - The Ontario Reign posted a 1-1-0 record last week, as they took a loss against the Victoria Salmon Kings, and gained two points in the standings with a win over the Pacific Division leading Fresno Falcons. The Reign head to Las Vegas for two games this week, before heading back to Citizens Business Bank Arena for two home stands. They take on the Wranglers on Monday, December 15, at 11:59 p.m. for the Wranglers’ annual midnight match-up, and on Friday, December 19, at 7:30 p.m. at Orleans Arena. The Reign return to home ice on Saturday, December 20, against the Phoenix Roadrunners in the Reign’s Holiday Stocking Giveaway and face off against the Stockton Thunder on Sunday, December 21.
Overall Record: 13-9-11 (28 points)
Home Record: 7-5-1-0 (15 points)
Away Record: 6-4-0-1 (13 points)UPCOMING GAMES:
Monday, Dec. 15 – Ontario Reign @ Las Vegas Wranglers – 11:59 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 19 – Ontario Reign @ Las Vegas Wranglers – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 20 – Ontario Reign vs. Phoenix Roadrunners – 7 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 21 – Ontario Reign vs. Stockton Thunder – 5 p.m.
*All games are viewable online on B2 networks, or fans can listen to the game online by clicking on the “Listen” link in the Game Center section of www.ontarioreign.com.
LAST WEEK’S GAMES:Sunday, Dec. 7 – Ontario Reign vs. Victoria Salmon Kings (L, 2-3)
In the second match-up between the Reign and Salmon Kings in five days, the Reign fell to the Salmon Kings 3-2, in front of 4,447 fans at Citizens Business Bank Arena. The Reign battled back from a, 1-0, deficit to a, 2-1, lead early in the second period. Right wing Jon Rheault and center Tim Kraus each netted their fifth goals of the season to put the Reign ahead by one. However, Victoria battled back scoring two back-to-back goals, the final in the last five minutes of the match, to take the victory over the Reign, 3-2.
Saturday, Dec. 13 – Ontario Reign vs. Fresno Falcons (W, 5-1)
Five different Reign players notched a goal for the Reign, in a 5-1 win over the Pacific Division leading Fresno Falcons, in front of 5,609 fans ReignvFRE121308.gifat Citizens Business Bank Arena. The Reign netted three power play goals in the match (the highest power play goals in a game thus far) and goaltender John Murray blocked 28 of the 29 shots faced in the match. Center Tim Kraus put the Reign on the board first with center Jon Francisco netting the second goal of the match only 17 seconds later. Right wing Maxime Boisclair, center Dusty Collins and left Wing Todd Jackson each picked up an additional goal to give the Reign the win over the Pacific Division leaders, 5-1.NOTES
• The Reign received three call-ups in the past week with defenseman Andrew Martens and center Dusty Collins joining the Manchester Monarchs, and right wing Jon Rheault loaned to the Manitoba Moose
• Defenseman P.J. Atherton was recalled by the Grand Rapids Griffins on Dec. 15 STREAKS
• John Murray – 5 game win streak (5-0-0) (11/26/08-12/13/08)
• Tim Kraus – 4-game point streak (2g, 2a = 4 points) (12/3/08-12/13-08)
• Chris Curran – 2 game assist streak (2a) (12/7/08-12/13/08)
• Jon Francisco – 2 game point streak (1g, 2a = 3 points) (12/7/08-12/13-08)
• Maxime Boisclair – 2 game point streak (1g, 2a = 3 points) (12/7/08-12/13/08)
• Todd Jackson – 3 game point streak (2g, 2a = 4 points) (12/6/08-12/13-08)
• Goals – Jon Francisco (9)
• Assists – Jon Francisco, Geoff Walker, Tim Kraus (10)
• Points – Jon Francisco (10)
• PIM – David Walker (47)
• PPG – Jon Francisco (5)
• Wins – Jeff Zatkoff
• GAA – John Murray (2.10)
• SVP –John Murray (0.933)LEAGUE LEADERS:
• Attendance – 5th (avg. 4,905)
• Power Play (overall) – 4th (.199)
• Jon Francisco – 9th (game winning goals) (3)
• John Murray – 3rd (goals-against average) (2.10)
• Jeff Zatkoff
– 9th (goals-against average) (2.47)
• John Murray – 2nd (save percentage) (.933)
• Jeff Zatkoff
– 4th (save percentage) (.929)