ONTARIO, Calif. – The Ontario Reign continue to sit in first place in the Pacific Division after posting a 1-1-0 record last week with a shutout win over the Idaho Steelheads on Saturday, Jan. 3. The Reign take on the Alaska Aces on home ice at Citizens Business Bank Arena on Wednesday, Jan. 7, before heading to Victoria, B.C. to match-up against the Salmon Kings at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre on Friday and Saturday.
Wednesday, Jan. 7 – Ontario Reign vs. Alaska Aces – 7 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 9 – Ontario Reign @ Victoria Salmon Kings – 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 10 – Ontario Reign @ Victoria Salmon Kings – 7:05 p.m.
*All games are viewable online on B2 networks, or fans can listen to the game online by clicking on the “Listen” link in the Game Center section of www.ontarioreign.com.
LAST WEEK’S GAMES:
Friday, Jan. 2 – Ontario Reign vs. Idaho Steelheads (L, 1-3)
In the first match-up between the Ontario Reign and the Idaho Steelheads in team history, the Reign fell 3-1 in front of 5,177 fans at Citizens Business Bank Arena. Idaho combined for one goal in the first and two in the second period, with Reign center Tim Kraus netting the team’s only goal of the night at 4:11 in the first period, for his seventh goal of the season.
Saturday, Jan. 3 – Ontario Reign vs. Idaho Steelheads (W, 2-0)
The Reign bounced back in the second match of a back-to-back home series against the Steelheads, with a, 2-0, shutout in front of 5,890 fans at Citizens Business Bank Arena. Ontario opened the scoring at 9:23 in the second period, with newly acquired forward Dale Reinhardt lighting the lamp for his third goal of the season. The score remained, 1-0, until the final minutes of play when left wing Todd Jackson made a diving shot to score an empty net goal with 19 seconds remaining in regulation. Goaltender John Murray stopped all 38 shots he faced in the win, recording his second shutout of the season and the Reign’s third of the year.
• Chris Curran – 5 game point streak (2g, 3a = 5 points) (12/21/08-1/3/09)
• Chris Curran – 2 game assist streak (2a) (1/2/09-1/3/09)
• Goals – Jon Francisco (13)
• Assists –Tim Kraus (16)
• Points – Jon Francisco (26)
• PIM – David Walker (61)
• PPG – Jon Francisco (6)
• Wins – John Murray (11)
• GAA – John Murray (2.29)
• SVP –John Murray (0.930)
• Attendance – 5th (avg. 4,927)
• Shootouts (overall) – 3rd (.750)
• Power Play (overall) – 5th (.195)
• Power Play (home) – 4th (.191)
• Geoff Walker – 11th (rookie scoring) (25)
• Tim Kraus – 17th (tied) (rookie scoring) (23)
• Jon Francisco – 8th (tied) (power play goals) (6)
• Jon Francisco – 5th (tied) (game winning goals) (4)
• Jon Francisco – 7th (tied) (first goals) (4)
• John Murray – 7th (goals-against average) (2.29)
• John Murray – 4th (tied) (save percentage) (.930)