A LOOK BACK
|A LOOK AHEAD (all times EASTERN) |
|Day/Date ||Opponent ||(Time) ||Radio ||(Time) |
|Fri. 11/7 ||PHILADELPHIA ||(7:30 p.m.) ||WGAM 1250 AM ||(7 p.m.) * |
|Sun. 11/9 ||CHICAGO ||(4 p.m.) ||WGAM 1250 AM ||(3:30 p.m.) * |
|*Audio web casts of Monarchs games are also available at www.manchestermonarchs.com/audio and video web casts are available 10 minutes prior to every Monarchs game by clicking on the AHL Live icon at www.manchestermonarchs.com. |
MONARCHS STATISTICAL LEADERSThis Season This Week
| Day || Date || Opponent || Result ||Monarchs Goals ||Monarchs Goaltender (Saves/Shots) |
|Wed. ||10/29 ||LOWELL ||4-3 SOL ||Meckler (2), Rheault ||Bernier (23/26) |
|Sat. ||11/1 @ ||Worcester ||4-1 L ||Johnston ||Quick (32/36) |
Points Gauthier, Lewis – 7 Lewis, Meckler – 2
Goals Meckler – 4 Meckler – 2
Assists Gauthier, Lewis – 5 Lewis – 2
Power Play 4-of-50, 8.0% 0-of-8, 0.00%
Penalty Killing 40-of-50, 80.0% 5-of-8, 62.5%GOALIES Games Played W-L-SOL GAAJonathan Bernier
3 1-1-1 3.58Jonathan Quick
5 1-4-0 3.62LAST WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTSVs. Lowell (10/29):
The Manchester Monarchs earned a point in the 4-3 shootout loss to the Lowell Devils at the Verizon Wireless Arena on Wednesday night. Center David Meckler
tallied twice and right wing Jon Rheault collected his first professional goal for the Monarchs. The Devils picked up goals from left wing Ryan Murphy, center Michael Swift and left wing Brad Snetsinger. Right wing Patrick Davis added to Snetsinger and left wing Chad Wiseman’s shootout tallies for the Devils win. Right wing Teddy Purcell and center Michel Leveille scored for the Monarchs in the shootout. Monarchs netminder Jonathan Bernier
(1-1-1) took the shootout loss with 23 saves on 26 shots. Devils goaltender Scott Clemmensen (4-2-1) earned his fourth victory of the season stopping 35-of-38 shots. Manchester went 0-for-4 with the man advantage. Lowell was 1-for-3 on the power play.At Worcester (11/1):
The Manchester Monarchs tried to fight their way back from deficit but could only muster one goal in their 4-1 loss to the Worcester Sharks at the DCU Center on Saturday night. Monarchs center Denny Johnston scored his first professional goal. Center Tom Cavanagh, center Chad Larose, left wing Lukas Kaspar and right wing Mike Morris tallied for the Sharks. Monarchs goaltender Jonathan Quick
(1-4-0) took his fourth loss of the season with 30 saves. Sharks netminder Thomas Greiss (4-4-0) earned his fourth victory of the season stopping 23-of-24 shots. Manchester went 0-for-4 with the man advantage. Worcester was 2-for-5 on the power play.MONARCHS NEWS & NOTES
- Manchester is ranked seventh in the Atlantic Division after eight games with a record of 2-5-0-1 and five points.
- The Monarchs are ranked 28th in the AHL on the power play. The team is 4-for-50 with the man advantage for an 8.0- percent rating.
- Manchester is ranked 25th in the AHL on the penalty kill. The team has stopped their opponent 40 times on 50 opportunities for an 80.0-percent rating.
- Manchester is undefeated on Fridays this season. Both of the Monarchs’ wins have come on Fridays.
- When the Monarchs score first, they gain a point. Manchester is 2-0-0-1 in the three games where they have scored first.
- 19 of the Monarchs 21 skaters that have suited up for the first eight games have scored a point. Only two players, defensemen Andrew Campbell and Drew Bagnall have yet to put a point on the scoreboard.
- Center Gabe Gauthier (2-5=7) and left wing Trevor Lewis (2-5=7) lead the Monarchs after eight games with two goals and five assists for seven points each.
- Gauthier’s (2-5=7) collected his seven points in the first five games of the season.
- Gauthier is tied for eighth place on the Monarchs all-time assist list with right wing Brad Smyth. Gauthier has 70 assists in 137 games with the Monarchs since 2006. He is also ranked 10th on the Monarchs all-time goals list with 39 tallies and ninth in scoring with 109 points.
- Lewis has scored a point in six out of the eight games he has played in this season.
- Center David Meckler scored two goals in Wednesday’s 4-3 shootout loss, good for third place on the Monarchs in scoring with four goals and two assists for six points.
- Reigning AHL Rookie of the Year right Teddy Purcell is ranked fourth on the Monarchs with five points (3-2=5) in eight games.
- Defenseman Alec Martinez (1-2=3) has recorded a point in three of his last four games.
- Deering, New Hampshire, native right wing Jon Rheault scored his first professional goal in the Monarchs 4-3 shootout loss against the Lowell Devils on Wednesday, October 29.
- Center Denny Johnston tallied his first professional goal, the only goal for the Monarchs in their 4-1 loss to the Worcester Sharks on Saturday, Nov.1.