MANCHESTER, NH – The Manchester Monarchs, the primary affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, finished the regular season with the franchise's second best overall record of 43-30-3-4 and 93 points to narrowly edge the Providence Bruins (43-31-1-5, 92 points) for third place in the Atlantic Division for the 2006 Calder Cup Playoffs. Third place in the division means Manchester will face the Hartford Wolf Pack in the best-of-seven series for round one (Series B) of the playoffs.
With the Monarchs 2-1 win over Lowell on Saturday, Manchester was one-point in front of Providence for third place in the division. The Bruins dropped a 7-3 decision to the Lowell Lock Monsters on Sunday, the final day of the 2005-06 regular season, to remain in fourth place in the Atlantic Division.
The Monarchs and the Wolf Pack will begin their best-of-seven series at the Hartford Civic Center on Tuesday, April 18.
Round 1 / Series B vs. Hartford
- Game 1 - Tuesday, April 18 @ Hartford, 7:00 p.m.
- Game 2 - Wednesday, April 19 @ Hartford, 7:00 p.m.
- Game 3 - Friday, April 21 @ Manchester, 7:35 p.m.
- Game 4 - Sunday, April 23 @ Manchester, 4:05 p.m.
- Game 5 - Tuesday, April 25 @ Hartford, 7:00 p.m. (if necessary)
- Game 6 - Thursday, April 27 @ Manchester, 7:05 p.m. (if necessary)
- Game 7 - Saturday, April 29 @ Hartford, 7:00 p.m. (if necessary)
The Monarchs have a record of 14-14-2 with the Wolf Pack over the last five seasons including a home record of 9-6-0 and a 4-4-0 match-up this season. Manchester played Hartford in the first round of the 2002 Calder Cup Playoffs and fell to the Wolf Pack, 3-2, in the best-of-five game series with a memorable 3-2 double-overtime loss in game five.