By Corey Masisak - NHL.com Staff Writer
LOS ANGELES -- Alyssa Milano has more than 2 million followers on Twitter and is considered one of the most active celebrities on the social media network.
She's also a huge fan of the Los Angeles Kings and has had season tickets since Luc Robitaille's rookie season. With that in mind, she took control of the NHL's official Twitter feed Thursday during Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals.
"It is going well," Milano said while tweeting a picture of her and the Kings' mascot, Bailey. "It is an interesting exercise of trying to stay personal but not totally alienate the diehard hockey fans. I'm having fun."
Milano was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., but has lived in Los Angeles since she was 11. Her first major role as an actress came as Samantha Micelli on the television series "Who's the Boss?" and she was also one of the stars of the show "Charmed." Some of her movie credits include "Fear," "Hall Pass" and "New Year's Eve."
In addition to hockey, she's also a huge baseball fan and has written a book entitled, "Safe at Home: Confessions of a Baseball Fanatic." She also has a women's clothing line dedicated to team-licensed apparel.
"Tony Danza had Kings tickets when they were playing at the Forum years and years and years ago, so I used to go with him all the time," Milano said. "He used to give me his seats when I was old enough to drive. We're also just a big hockey family. My brother played at Shattuck-St. Mary's [the same school that Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews and Zach Parise attended] and he still plays all the time. We just love the sport."
The Kings entered Thursday night on a seven-game winning streak and with a 2-0 lead in this series against the Phoenix Coyotes. It is the first time the Kings have advanced this far since 1993.
"It is pretty amazing," Milano said. "I'm pretty superstitious when it comes to sports so I don't want to gloat too much, but I'm pretty proud."
Alyssa's Top 10 Tweets from Game 3:
- We've always been a BIG hockey family. My brother still plays! -AM RT @FearlessMendler: #AskAlyssa What 1st got your interest in Hockey?
- Before. Had season tix Robitaille's rookie year -AM RT @chrisskreager #AskAlyssa Did you attend Kings game before or after they got Gretzky?
- For those just joining us, this is Alyssa Milano. Hi! I've taken over the #NHL twitter account for the next few hours. Woot!#PhxLAK
- Stuck in traffic but on my way!! -AM ow.ly/i/DlQD #PhxLAK
- You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky #Quote -AM
- Smell the glove! #facewash -AM
- Being a goaltender is not a job that would interest any normal, straight-thinking human. ~ Gump Worsley #quote -AM
- If you're just joining us, this is Alyssa Milano. I've taken over this account! Not forever. Don't worry. #BecauseItsTheCup
- I hated the pink stuff! -AM RT @NHLBee:#AskAlyssa What inspired you to create the "Touch" sports-apparel line?
- I haven't figured it all out yet. Hard! Doing the best I can. -AM RT @am1fan70: #AskAlyssaHow do u handle mommyhood and celebrity?