On Tuesday, the LA Kings are set to host Gender Equality Night as the team faces off against Montreal Canadiens.
This Kings organization believes it is extremely important to highlight the excellent work that their female staff members and other women in the sports industry are doing. Thus, prior to the game, the Kings are hosting a Women in Sports Panel at STAPLES Center with some of the most talented women in the LA area.
This is to continue their efforts to help break down gender barriers in sports and promote equality in the industry. During the 2017 NHL All-Star Weeknd, the Kings held a Women in Sports Panel.
Last year, Kings female employees were shadowed by After-School All-Stars to help them understand what being a woman in sports is like.
This year's Women in Sports will be hosted by Carrlyn Bathe, FOX Sports West TV Reporter, and will start at 5:30pm inside STAPLES Center. The panelists will include:
- Jennifer Pope: Vice President, LA Kings Community Relations and Team Services
- AnnMarie Francis: Director, LA Kings Human Resources
- Dominique DiDia: Senior Manager, LA Kings Marketing
- Lindsey Karlis: Supervisor, LA Kings Game and Event Presentation and Administration
- Ashley Hall: Director, LA Galaxy Premium Sales
- Whitney Howard: Sr. Manager, AEG Talent Acquisition
Following the panel, Gender Equality Night will feature the LA Lions Hockey Program as the girls will join the Kings on the ice during the anthem.