The LA Kings will appear seven times on nationally broadcast NBC and NBC Sports during the 2019-20 season, including the 2020 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series as they face-off against the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday, Feb. 15, in primetime on NBC at Falcon Stadium at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs.
The Kings will make their debut on NBCSN as they head to Vancouver to take on the Canucks on October 9.
Kings on NBC/NBCSN
Wednesday, October 9 at 7:00 p.m.
LA Kings at Vancouver Canucks
Wednesday, January 8 at 7:00 p.m.
Dallas Stars at LA Kings
Wednesday, January 29 at 7:00 p.m.
Tampa Bay Lightning at LA Kings
Wednesday, February 12 at 7:00 p.m.
Calgary Flames at LA Kings
Saturday, February 15 at 5:00 p.m.
LA Kings at Colorado Avalanche
Wednesday, February 26 at 7:30 p.m.
Pittsburgh Penguins at LA Kings
Sunday, March 1 at 7:30 p.m.
LA Kings at Vegas Golden Knights
NBC Sports is scheduled to present 109 games during the 2019-20 NHL regular season with coverage beginning Wednesday, Oct. 2, at 8 p.m. ET on NBCSN, when Ryan O'Reilly and the defending Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues raise their championship banner to the rafters and host Alex Ovechkin and the 2018 Stanley Cup champion Washington Capitals. All games will be streamed live on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app to authenticated users via TV Everywhere.
NBC Sports' 2019-20 NHL schedule is highlighted by the second season of "Wednesday Night Hockey" on NBCSN, which will again showcase a diverse schedule of the NHL's current and rising stars. Highlights of NBC Sports' "Wednesday Night Hockey" schedule on NBCSN include:
- Doubleheaders: 14 of 25 "Wednesday Night Hockey" showcases on NBCSN will be doubleheaders, with a nearly equal balance of Eastern and Western Conference teams;
- Star Power: Established stars and young phenoms will take center stage on "Wednesday Night Hockey," highlighted by multiple appearances from the likes of Alex Ovechkin (WSH), Sidney Crosby (PIT), Patrice Bergeron (BOS), Alex Pietrangelo (STL), Marc-Andre Fleury (VGK), Patrick Kane (CHI), Steven Stamkos (TBL), Claude Giroux (PHI), Henrik Lundqvist (NYR), Erik Karlsson (SJS), Joe Pavelski (DAL), Jonathan Quick (LAK), and Nathan MacKinnon (COL);
- Diverse Schedule: "Wednesday Night Hockey" will showcase nearly 75% of NHL teams this season, NBCSN's widest variety of teams to date on Wednesday nights, including multiple appearances by Tampa Bay, Los Angeles, Colorado, Dallas, and Vegas. The defending champion St. Louis Blues will make four "Wednesday Night Hockey" appearances, while the runner-up Boston Bruins will have three appearances.
"This year's schedule builds off the success we saw last year with increased diversity of teams and matchups highlighted by Wednesday Night Hockey," said Sam Flood, Executive Producer & President, Production, NBC Sports and NBCSN. "From star-studded matchups like McDavid vs. Matthews, Ovechkin vs. Crosby, and Hughes vs. Kakko, to the southernmost Winter Classic featuring Dallas and Nashville and classic Original Six matchups, our 2019-20 schedule features something for all hockey fans across the country."
Following are highlights of NBC Sports' 2019-20 NHL regular-season schedule:
- The season opens with a "Wednesday Night Hockey" doubleheader on Oct. 2 at 8 p.m. ET on NBCSN, as the defending Stanley Cup champion St. Louis Blues host the 2018 Stanley Cup champion Washington Capitals, followed by a playoff rematch between the Vegas Golden Knights and San Jose Sharks at 10:30 p.m. ET;
- NBC Sports will present the 2020 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic between the Nashville Predators and the Dallas Stars from Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas, Texas, on Jan. 1, 2020, on NBC;
- NBC Sports will present exclusive primetime coverage of the 2020 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series game between the Los Angeles Kings and the Colorado Avalanche from Falcon Stadium at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo., on Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020, at 8 p.m. ET on NBC;
- NBC Sports will present coverage of the 2020 NHL All-Star Weekend from Enterprise Center in St. Louis, Mo., home of the St. Louis Blues, on Jan. 24-25, highlighted by live coverage of the All-Star Game on Saturday, Jan. 25, in primetime on NBC;
- NBC Sports will present 12 NHL games on NBC, beginning with the 2019 Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown on Friday, Nov. 29, when the Boston Bruins host the New York Rangers at TD Garden;
- All U.S. teams will be featured on NBC or NBCSN; Canadian teams will make a combined 14 appearances on NBCSN, including four appearances for Connor McDavid and the Edmonton Oilers and three appearances for Auston Matthews and the Toronto Maple Leafs;
- 66 of 109 scheduled regular-season games on NBC and NBCSN - more than 60% - will feature at least one Western Conference team.