LOS ANGELES - With the rink in Redondo Beach officially opening tonight at 5 p.m., all four "new" rinks located throughout Southern California are now open, and each rink is also open on Thanksgiving. The annual rink at LA LIVE presented by Coca-Cola is to open this Saturday.
LA Kings Holiday Ice Rinks will be open as follows for the Thanksgiving Weekend:
Redondo Beach, Long Beach Pike Outlets, Battleship Iowa and Westfield Topanga
Thursday 11.24 and Friday 11.25: 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday 11.26 and Sunday 11.27: 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
LA LIVE will open for the season this Saturday, November 26 starting at 5 p.m. prior to the Kings match up vs. the Chicago Blackhawks at STAPLES Center and will stay open until Midnight.
For all hours and ticket information, visit www.lakingsholidayice.com
Knott's Merry Farm and OUE Skyspace LA are proud sponsors of all five LA Kings Holiday Ice rinks. LA Kings Holiday Ice at LA LIVE is presented by Coca-Cola.
Redondo Beach Special Opening Weekend Ceremony: Details for Sunday (address -- 239 N. Harbor Dr., Redondo Beach) -- which is open to the public and media - are below. Fans are encouraged to arrive by 3:30 p.m.
At Redondo Beach Holiday Ice this Sunday, November 27 at 3:45 p.m., LA Kings fans will be able to participate in a special holiday-themed, family friendly event featuring Santa, LA Kings Mascot Bailey, LA Kings Alumni and select current LA Kings players along with the Mayor of Redondo Beach, Steve Aspel and other city officials. Following the special ceremony fans will be able to skate as well as participate in alumni autograph sessions and photographs. At 6:30 p.m., Santa and his Sleigh will depart with Bailey from the LA Kings Holiday Ice Rink to begin his journey around Redondo Beach to see all the children of Redondo Beach during the holiday season.
As a part of the Holiday Ice partnership the Kings Care Foundation has teamed up with the Redondo Beach Police Foundation to raise funds to equip all 450 classrooms in the Redondo Beach School District with classroom safety kits and specialized training so our schools are the safest and most prepared schools around.
Ways to support:
- Make a donation at the LA Kings Holiday Ice Redondo Beach when you purchase your skating passes
- Purchase a limited-edition LA Kings Holiday Ice Redondo Beach puck at the rink or on Santa's Sleigh for $10.
Attendees for Ceremony on Sunday:
- KELLY CHEESEMAN, COO LA KINGS/AEG SPORTS
- LA KINGS ALUMNUS & TV ANALYST JIM FOX
- LA KINGS ALUMNUS & RADIO analyst DARYL EVANS
- LA KINGS ALUMNUS DEREK ARMSTRONG
- LA KINGS MASCOT, BAILEY
- LA KINGS PLAYER(S), TBD
- REDONDO BEACH MAYOR - STEVE ASPEL
- REDONDO POLICE CHIEF - KEITH KAUFMANN
- CITY ATTORNEY - MIKE WEBB
LA KINGS HOLIDAY ICE Rink Operating Dates and Addresses:
- Westfield Topanga - 6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Woodland Hills, CA 91367 - Nov 12-Jan 30
- The Pike Outlets - 95 S. Pine Ave. Long Beach, CA 90802 - Nov 18-Jan 8
- Battleship Iowa - 250 S. Harbor Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90731 - Nov 19-Jan 8
- Redondo Beach - 239 N. Harbor Dr. Redondo Beach, CA 90277 - Nov 23-Jan 8
- L.A. LIVE - 800 W. Olympic Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90015 - Nov 26-Jan 7
LA Kings Holiday Ice rinks are in Redondo Beach, Long Beach, Woodland Hills and the Port of San Pedro in Los Angeles in addition to the organization's annual LA Kings Holiday Ice. Each rink is open to the public for skating and is operated by American Sports Entertainment Company, the operating team at the Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo. For more information, including how to participate, visit www.lakingsholidayice.com or call 1.888.KINGSLA. All LA Kings Holiday Ice details are subject to change.