The LA Kings kick-off the 2017 Holiday Season tomorrow, Tuesday, at STAPLES Center with the first of the club's four Food Drives presented by Blue Shield of California to benefit Friends & Helpers.
Among this year's highlights as led by the Kings Care Foundation:
- Beginning Tuesday (November 14): Kings Food Drives Presented by Blue Shield of California -- Fans are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items - such as pasta, canned fruits & vegetables, rice, beans and more - at any STAPLES Center entrance prior to the Kings games on November 14, 16, 18 and 22. Each game donations will be met with a raffle ticket towards a drawing to win a pair of tickets to the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas event. For a full list of preferred items, or to purchase tickets to the game with a built in donation back to Friends & Helpers, visit LAKings.com/FoodDrive.
- Beginning December 5: Kings Toy Drives -- The Kings will host Toy Drives prior to the games on December 5, 7, 9 and 21 to benefit local children's charities. Fans are encouraged to donate new toys prior to the game at any STAPLES Center entrance. Each game donations will be met with raffle tickets towards a drawing for Kings signed memorabilia.
- December 5: Kings Holiday Ornaments -- Back by popular demand, Kings autographed ornaments will be available for sale for $25 at the Kings Care Foundation booth at section 103. New player-signed ornaments will be released on December 5, 7, 9 and 21.
- December 9: Kings Adopt-A-Family with Child Abuse Prevention Center -- Kings players will sponsor several local families for the holidays in conjunction with Child Abuse Prevention Center. Participants will be invited to skate on the Kings Holiday Ice presented by Coca-Cola at L.A. LIVE in downtown Los Angeles prior to watching the Kings host the Carolina Hurricanes from a catered and decorated suite. After the game, Kings players will join the families to open presents in the suite. For more information on LA Kings Holiday Ice, visit LAKingsHolidayIce.com.
- December 21: Kings Holiday Jersey Auction - The Kings Care Foundation will feature unique Holiday-themed jerseys through the organization's mobile auction. To view the auction visit LAKings.com/Auctions, or text the keyword "KINGS" to 52182 to sign up to receive automatic updates to your mobile device.
The Kings Care Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing health, educational and recreational opportunities for youth throughout Greater Los Angeles. Since its inception in 1996 the Kings Care Foundation has donated more than $11 million in monetary and in-kind support to the local community.
The Kings' five-game homestand continues tomorrow night as the club hosts the Vancouver Canucks at 7:30 p.m. The game will be broadcast on FOX Sports West and KABC Radio 790 with pregame shows beginning at 7 p.m.
For all Kings ticket information, call 888-KINGS-LA and purchase your tickets online now.