Los Angeles Kings (1-2-0, 2 pts.; 4th Place-T in Pacific Division)
|Date ||Opponent/Arena - Time (PT) ||Television/Radio Information |
|Wed., Oct. 10 || Dallas Stars/American Airlines Arena - 5:30 p.m. ||FSN West/ KTLK AM 1150 |
|Fri., Oct. 12 ||Boston Bruins/STAPLES Center – 7:30 p.m. ||FSN West/ KTLK AM 1150 |
|Sun., Oct. 14 ||Detroit Red Wings/STAPLES Center – 5 p.m. ||FSN West/ KTLK AM 1150 |
OPPONENTS AT A GLANCE
|Team ||Record/Standing || Players to Watch |
|Dallas Stars ||1-2-0, 2 pts./4th-T Pacific Division || C Mike Modano, G Marty Turco |
|Boston Bruins ||1-1-0, 2 pts./4th Northeast Division ||C Marc Savard, D Zdeno Chara |
|Detroit Red Wings ||2-0-1, 3 pts./2nd Central Division || C Pavel Datsyuk, D Nicklas Lidstrom |
- The Kings will celebrate the 40th anniversary of the club’s first-ever game in franchise history when they host the Detroit Red Wings at STAPLES Center on Sunday, Oct. 14 at 5 p.m. The Kings first-ever game in franchise history took place on October 14, 1967 when the club hosted the Philadelphia Flyers at Long Beach Arena. The Kings beat the Flyers 4-2 on that date, with former King Brian Kilrea scoring two goals in the Kings victory.
- The Kings are 4-1-3 in their eight home openers at STAPLES Center after Saturday’s 5-3 loss to the St. Louis Blues.
- Anze Kopitar (0-5=5) and Michael Cammalleri (4-1=5) lead the Kings in scoring with five points each. The five points are tied with seven other players for fourth in the NHL, while Cammalleri’s four goals are tied with four other players with the most in the NHL. Cammalleri has scored a goal in each of the Kings three games this season and he leads the team with 12 shots on the season.
- Cammalleri, Kopitar and Dustin Brown have combined to score 6-8=14 in three games this season.
- Brown set a career high with three points vs. the St. Louis Blues on Saturday, scoring 2-1=3.
- Jonathan Bernier is 1-1-0 with a 2.52 GAA and a .914 SV%, which leads the team.
- Ladislav Nagy earned his first point as a member of the Los Angeles Kings, earning an assist on Dustin Brown’s second-period goal. Tom Preissing earned his first point with the team, an assist in the Season Opener vs. Anaheim and Michal Handzus also earned his first point with the Kings, a goal, also vs. Anaheim in the Season opener in London.
- D Rob Blake passed Butch Goring for fifth on the all-time games played list for the Kings franchise with his 737th game.
Oct. 12 vs. Boston: Kings Family Pack, get four tickets, four hotdogs, four sodas and parking for only $80…or experience The Kings Thrill Pack, get two Kings tickets, two Six Flags tickets and two $5 team LA Vouchers for only $50.
KINGS ON THE RADIO
- Michael Cammalleri is scheduled to appear as a guest on the Loose Cannons Show on Thursday, Oct. 11 at 2:35 p.m. The Loose Cannons Show airs on AM 570 KLAC.
- Anze Kopitar is scheduled to appear as a guest of the Petros & Money Show on Thursday, October 11 at 4:25 p.m. The Petros and Money Show also airs on AM 570 KLAC.