Quick, in addition to being a Stanley Cup Champion, is also a Conn Smythe winner, Vezina Trophy Finalist, NHL All-Star and Kings MVP who will call Los Angeles home through the 2022-23 season.
Quick had a record-setting year in 2011-12 for the Kings and ranked amongst the NHL’s best in every major goaltending category. He was even better during the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs as he led the Kings to their first-ever Stanley Cup championship.
In 20 postseason games Quick compiled 16 wins while leading all playoff goaltenders with a 1.41 goals-against average (third best all-time for goalies with at least 10 games played) and a .946 save percentage (tied for third best all-time for goalies with at least 10 games played). He also tied for first with three postseason shutouts.
Quick’s regular season NHL rankings were the following: first in shutouts (10), second in goals-against average (1.95), tied for fifth in wins (35), tied for fifth in save percentage (.929) and fourth in games played (69).
Quick, who was selected as the Kings MVP (Bill Libby Memorial Award), Best Defensive Player and Most Inspirational Player (Ace Bailey Memorial Award), set franchise single-season records in the following categories: shutouts (10), save percentage (.929) and goals-against average (1.95). Quick also set a club record with three straight shutouts (Oct. 18-22) and a consecutive scoreless streak of 202:11 (third period Oct. 15 through first period Oct. 27, stopping 92 straight shots). He’s the first Kings goalie to win 30-plus games three straight seasons and the second to win 20-plus games four straight seasons.
The All-Star netminder allowed two-or-fewer goals 46 times during the regular season (31-8-7 in those games) and allowed one goal or shut out the opposition 27 times (18-5-4 in those games). Quick, who played for Team Alfredsson at his first All-Star game Jan. 29 in Ottawa, was named an NHL Star of the Week three times during the regular season.
In 249 career NHL regular season games (all with the Kings) Quick is 131-87-25 with a 2.30 GAA, .916 save percentage and 24 shutouts.
Among the Kings all-time franchise leaders Quick’s rankings are the following: third in wins (131), first in GAA (2.30), first in save percentage (.916), second in shutouts (24) and third in appearances (249).
The 26-year-old from Milford, Conn. was originally selected by the Kings in the third round (72nd overall) in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. FRANCHISE RECORDS SET BY QUICK
ALL-TIME KINGS RECORDS:
SINGLE-SEASON KINGS RECORDS
- GAA (2.30)
- Save Percentage (.916)
- Win Streak (nine, Jan. 21-Feb. 6, 2010)
- Shutout Streak (three, Oct. 18-22, 2011)
- Scoreless Streak (202:11 third period Oct. 15, 2011 through first period Oct. 22, 2011)
OTHER KINGS GOALTENDING RECORDS:
- Games Played (72 in 2009-10)
- Wins (39 in 2009-10)
- GAA (1.95 in 2011-12)
- Save Percentage (.929 in 2011-12)
- Minutes Played (4,258 in 2009-10)
- Shutouts (10 in 2011-12)
- Home Shutouts (seven in 2011-12)
- Road Shutouts (four in 2008-09 and 2010-11)
- Rookie GAA (2.48 in 2008-09 – tied by Jonathan Bernier in 2010-11)
- Rookie Shutouts (four in 2008-09 – tied with Jamie Storr in 1998-99, Mario Lessard in 1978-79 and Gerry Desjardins in 1968-69)
- Shootout Wins (10 in 2010-11)
- Shootout Save Percentage (.818 in 2010-11)
- Shootout Win Percentage (1.000 in 2010-11: 10-0)
ALL-TIME KINGS PLAYOFF RECORDS:
- First with 30 wins three straight seasons (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
- First with three road shutouts in one month (Dec. 2010)
- Most saves in a shutout (51, Dec. 13, 2010 at DET, 5-0 Win)
- Fastest to 20 wins in one season (36th team game in 2009-10)
- Fastest to 30 wins in one season (54th team game in 2009-10)
- Fastest to 100 wins (185th career game)
ALL-TIME KINGS PLAYOFF SINGLE-SEASON RECORDS:
- GAA (2.12)
- Save Percentage (.926)
- Shutouts (4)
- Win Streak (eight, April 22-May 17, 2012)
- Road Win Streak – cumulative (12, April 16, 2011 – June 2, 2012 – NHL record)
OTHER KINGS PLAYOFF GOALTENDING RECORDS
- Games Played (20 in 2012 – tied with Kelly Hrudey in 1993)
- Wins (16 in 2012)
- GAA (1.41 in 2012)
- Save Percentage (.946 in 2012 – tied NHL record for goalies with at least 10GP)
- Shutouts (3 in 2012)
- Road Wins (10 – tied NHL record)
- Home Win Streak (3, May 3-May 17, 2012 – tied club record)
- Road Win Streak – one year (10, April 11-June 2, 2012 – NHL record)
- Most shots faced, regulation game (52, April 23, 2011 at SJ, 3-1 Win)
- Most saves, regulation game (51, April 23, 2011 at SJ, 3-1 Win)
- Most shots faced, one period (23, April 13, 2012 at VAN, 4-2 Win)
- Most saves, one period (22, Apr. 13, 2012 at VAN, 4-2 Win)
- Conn Smythe Trophy in 2012
- NHL Second-Team All-Star in 2012
- NHL All-Star in 2012
- Vezina Trophy Finalist in 2012
- NHL Star of the Week (Eight Times: No. 1 three times, No. 2 two times, No. 3 three times)
- Kings MVP (Bill Libby Memorial Award) in 2011-12
- Kings Best Defensive Player in 2011-12
- Kings Most Inspirational Player (Ace Bailey Memorial Award) in 2011-12
- Most Popular Player in 2011-12