LOS ANGELES –
Opening Night for the Kings at STAPLES Center takes place tomorrow, Tuesday, when the Kings host the St. Louis Blues beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- Opening Night festivities at STAPLES Center begin tomorrow as Kings players arrive to the arena. Players will “walk the black carpet” and greet fans between 4 – 5 p.m. at the SW VIP Entrance as they enter STAPLES Center.
- Opening Night Fanfest takes place from 5 – 7:30 p.m. in the front plaza area at STAPLES Center. Member of the Kings alumni association and members of the Kings Ice Crew will be featured at the Fanfest as will music and a beer garden. Several Kings partners – including Pizza Hut, Anheuser Busch, Farmer John, Toyota, San Manuel, Coca-Cola, Verizon and Rocco’s Old School Tattoo Balm – will be represented at the Fanfest.
- The Kings will hit the ice for pre-game warm-ups at 7 p.m. and fans are also encouraged to enter STAPLES Center early and take their seats by 7:20 p.m. for the beginning of the Opening Night show.
- As part of tomorrow night’s player introductions, each player will be introduced thru an LED tunnel.
- The Kings’ game presentation department on Tuesday will debut new videos and contests throughout the evening.
- Tuesday marks the first regular season Kings game to feature the brand new $3.4 million JBL Professional Vertec Audio System, a premier loudspeaker system that is in use worldwide to support numerous international tours and special events. Following last season’s installation of the new Panasonic LIVE 4HD video scoreboard system, the sound system upgrade was due in large part to address the arena’s need to provide the best audio system and technology available on the market to its tenant teams and national touring productions and concerts, as well as for special events.
- The first issue of Royal Reign, the Official Team Magazine of the Kings, will debut. It features stories on new Kings forwards Mike Richards and Simon Gagne, and Trevor Lewis among others.
- The wives and girlfriends of the Los Angeles Kings players will be selling red silicone “Love for Lokomotiv” remembrance bracelets featuring the Kings logo for $10 at the Kings Care table near section 103 at STAPLES Center through the month of October. All proceeds from the sales will go to Love for Lokomotiv, a fundraising campaign founded by NHL wives to support the families and children of the members of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) club who were killed in a plane crash on September 7. If you are unable to purchase a bracelet at STAPLES Center, please visit the online auction section of lakings.com to buy yours today. For additional information on Love for Lokomotiv, visit http://www.loveforlokomotiv.com/.
The Kings (2-1-1) are scheduled to practice today, Monday, at the Toyota Sports Center at 11 a.m. The Kings then will hold their pre-game skate in El Segundo tomorrow at 10 a.m.