What you need to know ahead of Thursday's game against the Vegas Golden Knights:
When: Thursday, January 9 at 7 pm PT
Where: T-Mobile Arena (Las Vegas, Nevada)
Watch: FOX Sports West or FOX Sports GO (NHL.TV outside of LA area)
Listen: Kings Audio Network on iHeart Radio
- The Dudes Brewing Company (Santa Clarita and Thousand Oaks locations)
- Barneys Beanery - All locations
- Vegas Golden Knights: 26 24 - 16 - 6 (54 pts)
- Kings: 17 - 24 - 4 (38 pts)
Vegas Connections to LA
- Vegas forward Cody Eakin & Kings goaltender Jack Campbell were teammates in Dallas (2013-14)
- Vegas defenseman Shea Theodore played under Kings assistant coach Trent Yawney in Anaheim (2015-17)
- Vegas forward Chandler Stephenson & Kings forward Austin Wagner were teammates for the WHL's Regina Pats (2013-14)
- Brayden McNabb played for the Kings from 2014-17 (201 GP, 6 G, 36 A, 198 PIM)
Last Time in LA:
November 16 - LA Kings 4, Vegas Golden Knights 3
The Vegas Golden Knights fell to the LA Kings, 4-3, at the Staples Center. Goals from Blake Lizotte & Drew Doughtyhelped the Kings jump out to a 2-0 lead in the first period. Max Pacioretty deflected in his seventh goal of the season to get the Golden Knights on the board, but was answered by a goal from Nikolai Prokhorkin.
Jonathan Marchessault sent a blast from the blueline to get Vegas to within a goal &, less than three minutes later, William Karlsson cashed in to tie the game. The teams entered the third period level at 3-3 before a goal from Jeff Carter gave LA a 4-3 win.
Video: Condensed Game: Golden Knights @ Kings
Who to Watch on Vegas: Mad Max
Vegas forward Max Pacioretty was named the NHL "First Star" of the week (Dec. 16) after recording eight points (5 G, 3 A) & helping lead the Golden Knights to a 3-1-0 record during the week. He has scored goals in four consecutive games from Dec. 10-15, the longest streak by a Vegas player this season, & recorded a point in six straight games (Dec. 10-19). The New Canaan, CT native leads the Golden Knights with 44 points (19G, 25A).
Kings Lineup Notes:
- Blake Lizotte stayed back in LA to be evaluated for a lower-body injury that he sustained in Wednesday's game vs the Blue Jackets
- In Wednesday's game, Alex Iafallo (0-1=1) extended his point-streak to a career-high eight games. He has nine points (4-5=9) during the streak, which is the longest by a Kings player this season