With the 2013-14 regular season opener just days away, here is a look at some of the most memorable moments in LA Kings Regular Season History:
Check back to LAKings.com/news throughout the week for more highlights!
- Wayne Gretzky set the NHL record for career goals when he tallied one goal on March 23, 1994.
- Larry Murphy set NHL records on March 11, 1981, for the most assists and points by a rookie defenseman.
- Jimmy Carson, during the 1987-88 campaign, became the first U.S.-born player to record 50 goals and 50 assists in one season.
- Jonathan Quick became the first goalie in Kings history to record 10 shutouts in one season when he blanked the opposition on April 2, 2012.
- Rogie Vachon was the first Kings player to have his uniform retired on February 14, 1985.