Push to the Playoffs Stress Eating - Week 1
Hey FTBK team! As we approach the ever stressful playoff season, we wanted to put together a special series for you!
We all know playoff season can bring out the worst in us. Nerves take over, things we don't mean come out of our mouths, and the food that we know we shouldn't be shoveling into those mouths is never ending.
With that being said, we will be giving you some recipes over the coming weeks that will keep your nerves calm as you continue to watch Quick stand on his head, and also wont have you full of #foodregret.
To kicj things off, I wanted to give you guys my recipe for my absolute favorite treat: Coconut Sugar Kettle Corn. This stuff is down right delicious. It gives you the perfect snack for continual comfort as your heart rate fluctuates throughout the game. The replacement of coconut sugar from standard cane sugar makes this a healthier alternative. Not only is this recipe extremely easy, but it is also cheap! So grab yourself a big bowl, because you're going to want a lot of this.
COCONUT SUGAR KETTLE CORN
- ½ C Popcorn Kernels
- 2-3 TBSP Coconut Sugar
- Olive Oil
- Coat the bottom of a popcorn pot (or a regular pot) with olive oil, and place over medium/high heat on your stove. You want the whole bottom of your pot to have a small layer of oil.
- Place 3 kernels in the oil and cover.
- Once those kernels pop, the oil is hot and ready to go.
- Next, pour all the kernels into the pot. Quickly sprinkle, in an even layer, the coconut sugar over the kernels.
- Next, sprinkle a little salt over everything and cover.
- As the kernels begin to pop, periodically give the whole pot a small shake to ensure that all kernels pop. If you have a popcorn pot, continuously turn the provided crank as the kernels do their thing.
- Once the continuous popping has subsided, remove the pan from heat.
- Pour into a bowl, and finish off with one more dusting of salt.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe! Make sure you tweet or Instagram pictures of you making and destroying this delectable snack! Use #FTBK and tag @LAKings and @chandlerparrfit! As always, GKG!