December 23rd, 2015 - Upper Body Workout Powered By 24 Hour Fitness.
This is a 20 minute - Upper body “EDT” workout (Escalating Density). You’ll perform alternating sets of two exercises for 5 minutes each. Sets, Repetitions per set and rest time are all undefined. All that matters is how many total reps of each exercise you can manage before time is up. Every workout your goal is to exceed your previous number of reps completed, until you’re ready to increase the weight.
Set 1 = 5 minutes
HOW TO DO IT
1. Stand shoulder width apart while holding a pair of light dumbbells in each hand
2. Step forward into a lunge with your left leg (lower your body until your right knee nearly touches the floor)
3. While at the bottom of the lunge, pause and simultaneously curl the dumbbells
4. Now rotate your arms away from your sides so that you go into the bottom position of a shoulder press, and then press the dumbbells overhead
5. That's one rep. Perform 5 reps, then switch legs and repeat 5 more reps-that's one set.
Perform as many sets as you can of each exercise in a 10 minute time frame, resting as little as possible between exercises. Record how many sets you perform of each exercise and try to outperform your personal record the next time you repeat the workout.
Set 2 = 5 minutes
Set 3 = 5 minutes
- Dumbbell Alternating Lunge w/ Arm Curl & Press
- Alternating Side-Step w/ Dumbbell Bent Over Rows (Isometric Hold at top)
- Rest for 2min. 30sec.
- 8 Count Body Builders (with or without Dumbbells)
- Skater-kick w/ Dumbbell Tricep Kick Backs
Check out other workouts, recipes, and more at FitToBeKing.com