Jan 13, 2016 - Upper Body Workout Powered By 24 Hour Fitness.
This is a 20 minute - Upper body “EDT” workout (Escalating Density). You’ll perform alternating sets of two exercises for 5 minutes each. Sets, Repetitions per set and rest time are all undefined. All that matters is how many total reps of each exercise you can manage before time is up. Every workout your goal is to exceed your previous number of reps completed, until you’re ready to increase the weight.
Set 1 = 5 minutes (WATCH HERE)
- Alternating 1 Arm Dumbbell Snatch
- Renegade Push Up & Dumbbell Rows
- Rest for 2min. 30sec.
Set 3 = 5 minutes (Available 2/17)
HOW TO DO IT
1. Stand holding a pair of light dumbbells in each hand
2. Hold the dumbbells shoulder width apart and let them hang in front your legs
3. Hinge at the hips and softly bend at the knees –creating slight tension on the hamstrings -- and then lower your torso until it’s nearly parallel to the floor and keep your back straight
4. While keeping the torso stationary, lift the dumbbells to your side as you exhale -- keeping the elbows close to the body
5. At the top of the contracted position, squeeze the shoulder blades together and hold for a one second pause (avoid letting the shoulders round or rotate forward)
6. Slowly lower the weight back to the starting position as you take a breath in
7. While keeping the torso in parallel position to the floor, take a small lateral step to the right. That's one rep.
8. While keeping the elbows close to your body, repeat pulling your elbows to your sides as you exhale and squeeze the shoulder blades together again and hold for a one second pause
9. Slowly lower the weight back to the starting position as you take a breath in
10. While keeping the torso in parallel position to the floor, take a small lateral step to the left and repeat the sequence again. That’s two reps.
11. Repeat this cycle until you reach 10 reps
Perform as many sets as you can of each exercise in a 10 minute time frame, resting as little as possible between exercises. Record how many sets you perform of each exercise and try to outperform your personal record the next time you repeat the workout.
- 8 Count Body Builders (with or without Dumbbells)
- Skater-kick w/ Dumbbell Tricep Kick Backs
Check out other workouts, recipes, and more at FitToBeKing.com