Get as Fit To Be King with Circuit Six from 24 Hour Fitness!
Check out Circuit One, Circuit Two, Circuit Three, Circuit Four, and Circuit Five to continue your workout.
Circuit Six is explained below by 24 Hour Fitness trainer Nik Herold.
Movement: Cycling Sprints
1. Set yourself up on a recumbent bike and start pedaling to get the feel of the movement. I recommend warming up for at least 5 minutes at a very low intensity pace to start and gradually increasing the difficulty as you get closer to the main portion of the workout
2. Once the timer for the initial 20 second work period goes off, pedal as fast as possible trying to either achieve the highest wattage total or perceived output for the 20 seconds. You can stay in the saddle or stand or use a combination of the two.
3. For the transition, simply stop pedaling for 10 seconds
4. Repeat this interval back and forth for as many rounds as possible over the course of 10 minutes
5. I recommend cooling down for 5 minutes at a very low intensity once the workout is complete.