True North Sports & Entertainment Limited today unveiled its building enhancements to the MTS Centre in a number of different areas of the facility.
The total cost of the enhancements unveiled today totaled $12 million. They included new Premium Loge Seating; a new scoreboard complete with new scoreboard LED rings, press box LED, and a new HD power ring LED; a new audio/video control room located in the MTS Centre press box; and significant renovations to the 55 suites on the Premium Suite Concourse.
New Audio/Video Control Room:
- Brand new, state-of-the-art, fully HD control room which allows the production of HD images throughout the MTS Centre and improve audio in the existing sound system.
- Additional POV cameras located in the penalty box, home & away team hallways, home team bench
- Robotic camera located under the clock
- Smpte fibre backbone located throughout the facility as support.
New MTS Centre Scoreboard & LED enhancements:
- New HD Centre Hung Scorebord 2.5X the physical size of the previous one.
- 4 HD 17’ X 22’ 6MM screens with 720 lines of resolution (10X increase in resolution from the previous scoreboard).
- Upper and Lower 10MM LED video rings.
Upper Scoreboard LED is 3.9’ tall and 43’ in diameter. This is 13’ larger in diameter than the offensive zone face off circles.
- New backlit Winnipeg Jets logo in the centre of the scoreboard promotes brand and building identity.
- New Press Box LED is 5’ tall and 189’ long.
- New power ring LED grows from 24’ tall to 30’ tall with an increase in overall resolution of 175%.
New Premium Loge Seating:
- 278 premium seats accessed through the upper concourse above the Premium Suite Concourse.
- Features 24” swivel chairs and counter-style ledge which provides ample space for food and beverage.
Changes to Premium Suite Concourse:
- New 60” LED TV’s installed in each premium suite
- Installation of new counter tops and acoustic ceiling tiles along with dimmable LED lights
- New solid surface high top tables, new bar stools, and carpet in each of the suites.
- Food and beverage enhancements made to the suites to allow for increased hosting conveniences and improved utilization of the available space.
The enhancements made to the MTS Centre this summer were part of the larger “TN 2020” initiative which will see True North Sports & Entertainment Limited invest close to $30 million into building enhancements at all levels by 2020. The MTS Centre opened on November 16, 2004 and has hosted almost 1,500 events since opening almost 11 years ago, including hockey games, concerts, and other entertainment events. In total, MTS Centre has welcomed approximately 10.7 million patrons through its doors.