The Winnipeg Jets are pleased to announce their continued long-standing partnership agreement with the Winnipeg Free Press.
“The Winnipeg Jets are proud to be a partner with the Winnipeg Free Press as the launch of a new era of NHL hockey in Manitoba begins,” says Jim Ludlow, President & CEO of True North Sports & Entertainment. “As the province’s leading newspaper and multi-media company, it was natural to continue our long-standing partnership with the Winnipeg Free Press as we move into our inaugural season with the Winnipeg Jets.”
“We were a proud supporter of True North and its endeavors through the past 15 years and we are very excited about growing our relationship forward,” says Bob Cox, Publisher of the Winnipeg Free Press. “This partnership is going to help us enhance Winnipeg’s best and most comprehensive news and sports sections with the inside stories of the Winnipeg Jets. If you are a Jets fan you will want to be a reader and subscriber of the Winnipeg Free Press.”
Through the partnership with the Winnipeg Jets, readers and advertising partners of the Winnipeg Free Press are going to see:
- The most comprehensive coverage of the Winnipeg Jets on our sports pages from some of the best sports writers in the country
- The deepest and most up-to-date web content at www.winnipegfreepress.com/jets
- Providing unique online content including video game recaps, news conferences, video features on players and people associated with the Winnipeg Jets
- The most comprehensive pro hockey mobile app in the Winnipeg market and coming soon the official “Winnipeg Jets App”, with stories, stats, video, fan forums and interactive content
- The hard cover collector’s edition of the book: “Back in the Bigs: How Winnipeg Won, Lost and Regained its Place in the NHL”
- The best and most photos of Jets action from the Winnipeg Free Press pages
- A special 64 page Winnipeg Jets supplement: “Flight Plan” in paper on October 1, 2011
- A special October 10th Thanksgiving Monday edition of the Winnipeg Free Press with the most comprehensive coverage of Opening Night
- And coming this season, a 25 piece commemorative first season player medallion collection.