Jets vs. Predators All-Time Records
At MTS Centre: 3-5-0
Jets vs. Predators Notes
- The Jets won two of the five games against the Predators last season, including splitting the two games in Nashville - Nov. 14 at NSH 7-0 L and Jan. 5 at NSH 4-1 W.
- Winnipeg has allowed four goals against in each of their last four games against Nashville (1-3-0).
The Winnipeg Jets begin a three-game homestand this afternoon against the Nashville Predators…The Jets lost 5-1 to the Predators on Friday night in Nashville, with Dustin Byfuglien scoring the lone goal for the Jets…Nashville has won three in a row and seven of their last nine games…The homestand continues Tuesday against the New Jersey Devils and finishes Thursday against the Edmonton Oilers.
After five games on the road and 10 of their last 13 games away from home, the Jets return the MTS Centre today where they have won three in a row…The Jets are 6-4-0 at home this season and have outscored their opponents 32-26 on home ice…Winnipeg is clicking at 20% (9-for-45) on the power play at home, compared to 9.1% (3-for-33) on the road…The Jets play five of their next seven games at home.
We Meet Again
This weekend's home-and-home series against Nashville is the last of three such home-and-home sets the Jets will play this season and third of four occurrences on the schedule in which Winnipeg will play the same team in back-to-back games…All of the back-to-back games against the same opponent occur before the Christmas break…The Jets are 1-3-1 in home-and-home games this season.
today is Winnipeg's 10th game against a Central Division foe this season and third of three in a row…The Jets are 4-4-1 against Central Division teams this season…The Jets are in the midst of playing five of seven games against Central Division opponents.
The Jets are 5-7-2 in November, during which they have played a league-high 14 games in 25 days…Winnipeg has surpassed the four games they won all of last November when they earned the least of amount of points in the NHL during that month with a 4-9-1 record (nine points)…Prior to last season, the Jets franchise had a .500 or better points percentage in November for 11 straight seasons.
The Jets have scored one goal in each of their last four games and two or less in six of their last eight games…It matches a four-game stretch from last season when the Jets scored one goal in four consecutive games - Jan. 15-23/16…Dustin Byfuglien (1g, 1a) and Nikolaj Ehlers (2a) are the only Jets with more than one point in the last four games.
Mark Scheifele leads the Jets with 10 points (5g, 5a) in nine games against Central Division teams, while Laine has six goals and Ehlers has eight assists in the nine games.
Defending Against the Central
Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck is 3-2-0 with a 2.00 goals-against average and .934 save percentage against Central Division teams this season…In his two-year NHL career, Hellebuyck is 8-7-1 against the Central Division with a 2.06 goals-against average and .928 save percentage.
- Friday's loss by four goals was the largest margin of defeat for the Jets this season.
- The Jets lead the NHL with 138 power play shots.
- Winnipeg is a perfect 6-0 when leading after the second period, but have trailed after the second period in five consecutive games.
- The Jets are 1-for-12 (8.3%) on the power play in their last six games…Blake Wheeler's power play goal on Wednesday against Minnesota is the only goal the Jets have scored on the power play in their last six games.
- The Jets have outscored their opposition 30-22 in the third period and overtime…The 30 goals for leads the NHL this season.
- The Jets have been outscored 32-14 in second periods this season.