The Islanders have selected winger Robin Figren in the third round, 70th overall, in Vancouver.
Figren tallied 11 goals, 19 assists and 30 points in 39 games during the 2005-2006 season with Frolunda of Sweden.
The most positive aspect to Figren's game is his willingness to play hard and aggressively every night.
"Robin has an honest work ethic that fits the Islanders' mold," said head European scout Ryan Jankowski. "He plays hard and has a good dimension of skill."
Figren is a dynamic skater with superb acceleration and quick hands. His shots are varied and released quickly. The Swedish native has exceptional offensive instincts.
"Robin moves the puck well and has excellent vision," said Jankowski.
Stay tuned for more as the draft continues in Vancouver.
Robin Figren's Bio
Born: March 7, 1988 Stockholm, Sweden
Winger Shoots: Right
Height: 5-11 Weight: 176
Central Scouting Rank: 29 (EU)
|Season ||Team ||Lge ||GP ||G ||A ||Pts ||PIM |
|2004-05 ||Frolunda Jr. ||Swedish Jr. ||39 ||11 ||19 ||30 ||72 |
* 1st ROUND - ISLANDERS TAKE OKPOSO 7th OVERALL!
* 2nd ROUND - ISLANDERS PICK JOENSUU
* 3rd ROUND - ISLANDERS TAKE FIGREN
* 4th ROUND - RAKHSHANI, WESLOSKY, MARCINKO AND ROGERS SELECTED
* 5th ROUND - SIMS AND JOHANSSON PICKED
* 6th and 7th ROUND - FINAL ROUND SELECTIONS
* MORE OF THE DRAFT CENTRAL '06