The New York Islanders will host the NHL Centennial Fan Arena, a main pillar of the league's year-long centennial celebration, on Saturday, Sept. 16 at the team's official practice facility, Northwell Health Ice Center in East Meadow, NY. The following day, Sunday, Sept. 17, the tour will stop at NYCB LIVE, Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum prior to the Islanders game against the Philadelphia Flyers.
During Saturday's festivities at Northwell Health Ice Center, fans can watch the Islanders take the ice during Training Camp, as they prepare for the upcoming 2017-18 season.
In addition the NHL Fan Arena, the team will have several Islanders activities on hand, including a Blowout Merchandise sale and the I.C.E (Islanders Community Events) interactive games such as the slapshot booth and obstacle course. Fans will also have the chance to meet Sparky, the team's official mascot. RSVP for the events today.
Saturday, Sept. 16
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Stanley Cup: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Northwell Health Ice Center
200 Merrick Ave
East Meadow, NY 11554
Sunday, Sept. 17
10 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Stanley Cup: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
NYCB LIVE, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
1255 Hempstead Turnpike
Fans who attend the event will have the opportunity to experience:
- STANLEY CUP® - The oldest and most revered trophy in all professional sports will make a special appearance in every NHL market.
- MUSEUM TRUCK - The main attraction is a 53-foot museum truck with an innovative interior featuring more than 1,000 square feet of interactive digital displays, original video content, one-of-akind historical memorabilia, unique photo moments and a social media wall. Customized to each market, the Museum Truck will showcase the history of the NHL and New York Islanders.
- VIDEO TRUCK - A second 53-foot trailer with a giant video screen will feature team highlights, all-access programming, as well as a pop-out stage for special appearances.
- THE "RINK" - A pop-up ball hockey rink will give youth hockey players a chance to shine.
Video: NHL Centennial Tour hits Long Island
- CLEAR THE ICE ZAMBONI® VR EXPERIENCE - This never-before-seen VR experience allows fans to compete against each other in a race to resurface the ice. Fans will take a seat in a mini Zamboni® ice resurfacer and feel their seat rumble before being tasked with creating the perfect sheet of ice.
- RECYCLE THE GAME - A special net will be on-site for fans to donate gently used hockey equipment. The equipment will be up-cycled back into the community, continuing the League-wide commitment to improve hockey's environmental footprint while supporting youth hockey.
- HOCKEY IS FOR EVERYONE - As part of Hockey Is For Everyone™, the League is making a $5,000 grant in all 31 NHL markets at the NHL Centennial Fan Arena. In partnership with the Club, this grant will be invested into the community going toward youth hockey organizations that celebrate diversity.
The Fan Arena event is a free event open to the public. Anyone looking to attend the event can RSVP at NHL.com/FanArena. The RSVP program provides event reminder notifications including updates on dates, times, locations, events, special appearances and more