THE REASON TO GO
1. Watch the Islanders go for win their third win in a row as they climb the Atlantic Division standings.
2. After a relaxing holiday break, spend an evening with fellow Islanders fans at the Nassau Coliseum. GET YOUR TICKETS TODAY
Watch the Islanders host Mats Sundin, Jason Blake and the Toronto Maple Leafs for the first time this season.To purchase individual game tickets, click here or visit the Coliseum box office, the Islanders Team Store at the Broadway Mall in Hicksville or call Ticketmaster at 631.888.9000.
We'll see you tonight at the Coliseum. Click here
to purchase tickets today! THE STORY
Islanders (17-15-2) vs. Toronto (15-14-7)
DiPietro vs. Maple Leafs
comes into Wednesday night’s action with a 3-3-1 career mark in eight games against the Toronto Maple Leafs and a 3.58 goals against average. DiPietro went 2-1-0 against the Maple Leafs in 2006-07 and has yet to face Toronto this season.Raycroft vs. Islanders
Andrew Raycroft will get only his ninth start of the season tonight. With Boston and Toronto, Raycroft owns a lifetime record of 3-5-1 against the Islanders. One of his previous eight starts this season came on October 11 in the Leafs' 8-1 victory over the Islanders in Toronto.THE LINEUPS
(potential lines and D pairings)
39 Rick DiPietro
34 Wade Dubielewicz Defensemen
32 Brendan Witt - 24 Radek Martinek
25 Andy Sutton – 44 Freddy Meyer
14 Chris Campoli - 8 Bruno Gervais Forwards
10 Richard Park - 89 Mike Comrie - 13 Bill Guerin
26 Ruslan Fedotenko - 18 Mike Sillinger - 7 Trent Hunter
20 Sean Bergenheim - 63 Josef Vasicek - 81 Miroslav Satan
57 Blake Comeau - 11 Andy Hilbert – 28 Tim JackmanTORONTO
1 Andrew Raycroft
35 Vesa Toskala Defensemen
7 Ian White - 25 Hal Gill
15 Tomas Kaberle – 36 Anton Stralman
31 Pavel Kubina - 56 Andy Wozniewski Forwards
23 Alexei Ponikarovsky - 13 Mats Sundin - 80 Nik Antropov
14 Matthew Stajan - 22 Boyd Devereaux - 10 Alex Steen
55 Jason Blake 42 Kyle Wellwood- 16 Darcy Tucker
3 Wade Belak - 18 Chad Kilger – 9 Mark Bell Crucial Matchup: Sundin Line vs. Witt/Martinek
Mats Sundin seems to get better with age. At 36 years old, Sundin leads Toronto with 40 points in 35 games. His combination of size and skill is among the best in the league, making him tough to knock off the puck.
Sundin plays on a line with two other big forwards in Nik Antropov and Alexei Ponikarovsky. Their board work and cycling ability is near the top of the league.
While they may not be as flashy as Alex Ovechkin, Brendan Witt and Radek Martinek will have to grind it out with the Leafs forwards.Goals
1. Miroslav Satan 10
Josef Vasicek 10
3. Mike Comrie 9
Bill Guerin 9 Assists
1. Mike Comrie 16
2. Chris Campoli 13
Miroslav Satan 12 Points
1. Mike Comrie 25
2. Miroslav Satan 22
3. Bill Guerin 17 WHO'S HOT:
ISLANDERS AMONG LEAGUE LEADERS (as of 12/22/07):
- Miroslav Satan has tallied a point in six straight games (three goals, three assists).
- Rick DiPietro has tallied 30-or-more saves in five of his last eight games.
- Brendan Witt has tallied points in two of his last three games (one goal, one assist).
- The Islanders have allowed two or fewer goals in the last five games.
- Brendan Witt ranks ninth in the NHL with 78 blocked shots.
- Mike Sillinger is 11th in the NHL with a 55.6 faceoff percentage.
- Trent Hunter ranks third in the NHL with 113 hits.
- Josef Vasicek ranks fourth in the NHL in shooting percentage at 22.2% (10-for-45).
- Radek Martinek is tied for 17th in the NHL with 66 blocked shots.
MILESTONES RECORDED (this past week):
- Ruslan Fedotenko is three games away from appearing in his 500th NHL contest.
SUBPLOT Jason Blake returns to the Coliseum
- Miroslav Satan appeared in his 900th NHL game on 12/21 at PIT.
- Rick DiPietro tied Kelly Hrudey for third place on the Islanders all-time wins list with 106 on 12/22 vs. WSH.
After spending the past six seasons with the Islanders, Jason Blake makes his debut at the Nassau Coliseum in a Maple Leafs uniform.
Blake scored a career high 40 goals with the Islanders last season, but hasn't put up the same numbers this year in his first season with Toronto. Through 35 games, Blake has only five goals, but he has set-up 16 goals.
It's going to be an energized Coliseum as the Islanders take on their former wing, who played in so many memorable games with the Orange and Blue. Expect Blake to be charged up for his return to the Coliseum. New York Islanders vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
All-Time Series Results: All-Time:
3-4-2 Last Win:
4/5/07, Islanders 5 vs. Maple Leafs 2Last Loss:
10/11/07, Islanders 1 at Maple Leafs 8 Last OT/SO:
2/22/07, Islanders 3 vs. Maple Leafs 2 (SO)2006-07:
Islanders went 3-1-02007-08:
Islanders are 0-1-0 2007-08 Season Series: October 11, 2007
– Islanders 1 at Toronto Maple Leafs 8
December 26, 2007
– Islanders vs. Toronto Maple Leafs, 7:30 p.m.February 14, 2008
– Islanders at Toronto Maple Leafs, 7:30 p.m.March 18, 2008
– Islanders vs. Toronto Maples Leafs, 7:00 p.m. *All times EST
LOUDVILLE IS OPEN!
High School and college students, this is your chance for $10 tickets to see Rick DiPietro
and the Islanders take on the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday. For Long Island students, there isn't a better deal in professional sports. LOUDVILLE tickets go on sale 60 minutes before game time. There are a limited number of seats available per game, so arrive early to secure a seat. Remember to bring your Student ID! There is a limit of one $10 LOUDVILLE ticket per ID. Once you get to the LOUDVILLE section, do your part to help lead the crowd in giving the Islanders the best home-ice advantage in the NHL!
Check out video of the Islanders all season long on Islanders TV. Compiled by Jason Lockhart and Adam Baruch