|New York Islanders
25-34-9 (59 points – 8th in Metropolitan Division, 14th in Eastern Conference)
|Buffalo Sabres |
19-39-8 (46 points - 8th in Atlantic Division, 16th in Eastern Conference)
|7:00 p.m. |
Tonight's game is presented by Buttafuoco and Associates
Television: MSG PLUS
Play-by-play: Howie Rose; Color: Butch Goring
Radio: WRHU 88.7 FM, LI News Radio 103.9 FM
Play-by-play: Chris King
|Islanders Storylines |
• Clean Game: Matt Donovan's third period tripping penalty was the only infraction whistled in Friday's game between the Islanders and Sharks.
• Debut: Johan Sundstrom made his NHL debut Friday night, playing 10:28 and recording one shot on goal.
• Plus, Plus, Plus: The Islanders top line (Lee-Nielsen-Okposo) each recorded a +2 rating on Friday.
• Shots: The Islanders have outshot their opponent in each of the past four games (126-102 total).
|Sabres Storylines |
• Drew Stafford: The eighth-year Sabre is now the longest-tenured player in Buffalo.
• Cory Conacher: After being claimed off waivers from the Ottawa Senators last week, Conacher has recorded two assists. Conacher played his college hockey at Canisius College in Buffalo.
• Michal Neuvirth: Record a career-high 51 saves in Thursday's 4-2 defeat in Carolina. He has a .949 SV% in two games with Buffalo.
|Islanders player to watch |
Anders Lee - Forward
Anders Lee continued the hot start his NHL career, tallying two points (one goal, one assists) in Friday's game against San Jose. The Notre Dame product now has hit the scoresheet in four-of-five games and has nine points (six goals, three assists) in eight games this season. Lee skated on the Islanders top line against the Sharks.
|Sabres player to watch |
Tyler Ennis - Forward
Tyler Ennis leads the Sabres with 17 goals and is closing in on his second 20-goal campaign of his five-year career. The small [5’9], but speedy forward is tied with Cody Hodgson for the team lead in scoring with 35 points. Ennis is currently riding a three-game point streak (one goal, two assists) and had a goal against the Islanders earlier this season.
|2013-14 season series (0-0-1) |
The Islanders lost their lone meeting with the Sabres 4-3 in a shootout on Oct. 15, 2013. The Islanders held a 3-2 lead late in the contest, but allowed the tying goal with 2:01 to play. Tyler Ennis scored the shootout-decider.
Oct. 15, 2013: BUF 4, NYI 3 SO - RECAP, BOX SCORE, HIGHLIGHTS
|The Matchup |
|New York Islanders previous game lines |
27 Anders Lee – 51 Frans Nielsen – 21 Kyle Okposo
12 Josh Bailey – 29 Brock Nelson – 15 Cal Clutterbuck
17 Matt Martin – 18 Ryan Strome – 13 Colin McDonald
28 Johan Sundstrom – 53 Casey Cizikas – 43 Mike Halmo
44 Calvin de Haan – 3 Travis Hamonic
14 Thomas Hickey – 11 Lubomir Visnovsky
37 Brian Strait – 46 Matt Donovan
20 Evgeni Nabokov
45 Anders Nilsson
|Buffalo Sabres previous game lines |
88 Cory Conacher – 63 Tyler Ennis – 221 Drew Stafford
82 Marcus Foligno – 19 Cody Hodgson – 27 Matt D’Agostini
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 65 Brian Flynn – 23 Ville Leino
32 John Scott – 24 Zenon Konopka – 37 Matt Ellis
57 Tyler Myers – 10 Christian Ehrhoff
52 Alexander Sulzer – 20 Henrik Tallinder
5 Jamie McBain – 6 Mike Weber
1 Jhonas Enroth
34 Michal Neuvirth
| ||What's Happening at the Coliseum: |
• Lower Lobby 5pm
• Doors Open 5:45pm
• American Red Cross Blood Drive (9am – 3pm)
• Charity of the Game – Knights of Columbus
• Mercedes Chuck a Puck
• St. Patrick’s Warm Up Jersey’s
• Tonight's game is presented by Buttafuoco and Associates