|New York Islanders
23-32-8 (54 points – 8th in Metropolitan Division, 14th in Eastern Conference)
|Winnipeg Jets |
30-26-6 (66 points - 6th in Central Division, 9th in Wastern Conference)
|8:00 p.m. |
Television: MSG PLUS
Play-by-play: Jiggs McDonald; Color: Butch Goring
Radio: WRHU 88.7 FM, LI News Radio 103.9 FM
Play-by-play: Chris King; Color: Greg Picker
|Islanders Storylines |
• Road Islanders: The Islanders are 10-3-0 in their last 13 road games.
• Martin Cleared: Matt Martin was cleared by head coach Jack Capuano.
• Nielsen: Frans Nielsen returned the Islanders lineup Sunday afternoon against Florida.
• At MTS: The Islanders have won three of their last four games at the MTS Centre and have taken 7-of-8 points.
|Jets Storylines |
• Jets Taking Off: The Jets are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games and are tied for the final Western playoff spot.
• Must Be Maurice: The Jets are 10-3-1 since naming Paul Maurice head coach on Jan. 12.
• Byfuglien: Dustin Byfuglien leads the Jets in assists (31) and power-play points (20).
• Wheelin: Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in goals (23) and points (50).
|Islanders player to watch |
Ryan Strome - Forward
Ryan Strome has two points since being recalled from the Bridgeport Sound Tigers last week. Strome assisted on Anders Lee’s game-tying goal against the Toronto Maple Leafs and scored his second-career goal Sunday against the Florida Panthers. The Islanders prospect and AHL All-Star had 49 points (13 goals, 36 assists) in 37 games for the Sound Tigers.
|Jets player to watch |
Blake Wheeler - Forward
Blake Wheeler leads the Jets with 23 goals and 50 points in 62 games this season. Wheeler's 23 goals are a career-high and the Minnesota native has posted 17 points (seven goals, 10 assists) in his last 15 games. Wheeler’s consistent point production, over the past three seasons, earned him a spot on Team USA at the recent Sochi Olympics.
|2013-14 season series (0-1-0) |
The Islanders lost the series opener with the Jets 3-2 at Nassau Coliseum. John Tavares and Andrew MacDonald scored for the Islanders, but the Islanders could not overcome a 3-0 deficit. Kevin Poulin made 26 saves in the loss, while former-Islander Al Montoya stopped 28-of-30 shots in the win.
Nov. 27, 2013: WPG 3, NYI 2 - RECAP, BOX SCORE, HIGHLIGHTS
|The Matchup |
|New York Islanders previous game lines |
40 Michael Grabner – 18 Ryan Strome – 21 Kyle Okposo
26 Thomas Vanek – 29 Brock Nelson – 15 Cal Clutterbuck
27 Anders Lee – 51 Frans Nielsen – 12 Josh Bailey
36 Eric Boulton – 53 Casey Cizikas – 13 Colin McDonald
44 Calvin de Haan – 7 Matt Carkner
14 Thomas Hickey – 11 Lubomir Visnovsky
37 Brian Strait – 47 Andrew MacDonald
45 Anders Nilsson
20 Evgeni Nabokov
|Winnipeg Jets previous game lines |
16 Andrew Ladd – 18 Bryan Little – 67 Michael Frolik
9 Evander Kane – 12 Olli Jokienen – 33 Dustin Byfuglien
40 Devin Setoguchi – 55 Mark Scheifele – 26 Blake Wheeler
17 James Wright – 19 Jim Slater – 22 Chris Thorburn
44 Zach Bogosian – 39 Tobias Enstrom
5 Mark Stuart – 8 Jacob Trouba
2 Adam Pardy – 7 Keaton Ellerby
31 Ondrej Pavelec
35 Al Montoya
| ||Quote of the Day: |
Jack Capuano on Andrew MacDonald's trade speculation:
It would be tough. He’s a guy that I grew up with for a long time. If it happens, it’s a pretty emotional situation, especially when you’re with a guy for that long, but at the same time, it’s a business and guys move on. I’m real proud of the way he’s come along.