|New York Islanders
11-20-7 (29 points – 8th in Metropolitan Division, 15th in Eastern Conference)
|New Jersey Devils |
15-16-8 (38 points - 5th in Metropolitan Division, 11th in Eastern Conference)
|7:00 p.m. |
Television: MSG PLUS
Play-by-play: Howie Rose; Color: Butch Goring
Radio: WHRU 88.7 FM, WRCN 103.9 FM
Play-by-play :Chris King
|2013-14 season series (1-0-0) |
The New York Islanders opened their season with a 4-3 shootout win against the New Jersey Devils at Prudential Center on Oct. 4. Michael Grabner led the way for the Isles with two goals and one assist. In goal, Evgeni Nabokov stopped 26 shots and all six shooters he faced in the skills competition. Frans Nielsen also tallied his first goal of the season in the victory.
Oct. 4, 2013: NYI 4, NJD 3 (SO) - RECAP, BOX SCORE, HIGHLIGHTS
|Devils player to watch |
Jaromir Jagr - Right Wing
At 41, Jaromir Jagr continues to produce in the NHL and add to his legendary career. The eighth-leading scorer in NHL history (1,721 points) currently leads the Devils with 33 points (13g/20a) in 38 games and leads all European-born players in goals (694), assists (1,027) and points. The Czech native has two Stanley Cups, one Olympic gold, five Art Ross titles, one Hart Trophy and 12 all-star designations. Jagr has accomplished nearly everything short of a Norris trophy, yet there’s no quit in Jagr, who has points in seven of his last nine games.
|Islanders Storylines |
• Back to Work: After four days off the Islanders are effectively kicking off the second third of the season. The Islanders have 22 more games until the next checkpoint, the Olympic break.
• Picking up Points: The Islanders are 3-2-2 in their last seven games, with wins over the Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers and San Jose Sharks.
• Second Line: The Islanders second line is heating up. Frans Nielsen is riding a four-game point streak (2g/2a), Michael Grabner has points in three of four (3g/1a) and Josh Bailey has assists in three straight.
• Vanek/Okposo: Thomas Vanek has four points (3g/1a) in his last three games while Kyle Okposo has two goals and two assists on a four-game point streak.
|The Matchup |
|New York Islanders previous game lines |
26 Thomas Vanek – 91 John Tavares – 21 Kyle Okposo
40 Michael Grabner – 51 Frans Nielsen – 12 Josh Bailey
29 Brock Nelson – 18 Ryan Strome – 15 Cal Clutterbuck
17 Matt Martin – 53 Casey Cizikas – 36 Eric Boulton
47 Andrew MacDonald – 14 Thomas Hickey
44 Calvin de Haan – 3 Travis Hamonic
7 Matt Carkner – 37 Brian Strait
20 Evgeni Nabokov
60 Kevin Poulin
|New Jersey Devils previous game lines |
8 Dainius Zubrus – 19 Travis Zajac – 68 Jarmoir Jagr
15 Reid Boucher – 14 Adam Henrique – 17 Michael Ryder
9 Mattias Tedenby – 26 Patrik Elias – 18 Steve Bernier
29 Ryan Clowe – 21 Andrei Loktionov – 11 Stephen Gionta
6 Andy Greene – 7 Mark Fayne
22 Eric Gelinas – 2 Marek Zidlicky
28 Anton Volchenkov – 34 Jon Merrill
30 Martin Brodeur
35 Cory Schneider
| ||What's Happening at the Coliseum: |
• American Red Cross Blood Drive
• Lower Lobby Opens at 5pm
• Doors Open at 5:45pm
• 50/50 Raffle benefitting Lions Bank Eye
• Mercedes Benz Chuck-A-Puck
• Upcoming Coat Drive 1/25