|New York Islanders
31-35-10 (72 points – 8th in Metropolitan Division, 14th in Eastern Conference)
|Washington Capitals |
34-30-13 (81 points - 6th in Metropolitan Division, 11th in Eastern Conference)
|5:00 p.m. |
Television: MSG PLUS
Play-by-play: Howie Rose; Color: Butch Goring
Radio: WRHU 88.7 FM, LI News Radio 103.9 FM
Play-by-play: Chris King;
|Islanders Storylines |
• Last Six: The Isles are 5-0-1 in their last six games.
• Bailey: Josh Bailey has five points (two goals, three assists) during a three-game point streak.
• Strome: Ryan Strome has six points (one goal, five assists in his last five games.
• Grabner: Michael Grabner practiced with the Islanders on Friday and may play this weekend.
|Capitals Storylines |
• Team Leaders: Nicklas Backstrom leads the Capitals in assists (60) and points (74). Alex Ovechkin leads the NHL with 49 goals this season.
• Playoff Push: The Capitals are four points back of eighth in the Eastern Conference with five games left.
• Recent Slide: The Capitals have lost two straight and are winless in their last five (0-3-2).
|Islanders player to watch |
Casey Cizikas - Forward
Casey Cizikas scored the go-ahead goal in the Islanders 2-1 win over the Ottawa Senators. The winner was Cizikas’ sixth of the season, but was his first career power-play goal. The Toronto, ON, native has 15 points in his third season with the Islanders. Cizikas has points in two straight games, playing on a line with rookies Mike Halmo and Johan Sundstrom.
|Capitals player to watch |
Joel Ward - Forward
Joel Ward is having a career year for the Capitals, setting new highs in goals (22) and points (43) while matching his high in assists (21). Ward is currently third on the Capitals in scoring, providing depth on the third line, as well as timely scoring, with four game-winners this season. The 33-year-old’s plus-four rating is second highest on the Capitals.
|2013-14 season series (1-1-1) |
The Islanders are 1-1-1 against the Capitals this season and can win the season series with a regulation win tonight. In their most recent outing, Evgeni Nabokov made 22 saves in a 1-0 shutout win.
Feb. 4, 2014: NYI 1, WSH 0 - RECAP, BOX SCORE, HIGHLIGHTS
|The Matchup |
|New York Islanders previous game lines |
27 Anders Lee – 51 Frans Nielsen – 12 Josh Bailey
56 John Persson – 29 Brock Nelson – 15 Cal Clutterbuck
17 Matt Martin – 18 Ryan Strome – 13 Colin McDonald
43 Mike Halmo – 53 Casey Cizikas – 28 Johan Sundstrom
44 Calvin de Haan – 3 Travis Hamonic
14 Thomas Hickey – 24 Kevin Czuczman
46 Matt Donovan – 7 Matt Carkner
20 Evgeni Nabokov
45 Anders Nilsson
|Washington Capitals previous game lines |
84 Mikhail Grabovski - 19 Nicklas Backstrom - 8 Alex Ovechkin
90 Marcus Johansson - 83 Jay Beagle - 20 Troy Brouwer
25 Jason Chimera - 16 Eric Fehr - 42 Joel ward
17 Dustin Penner - 92 Evgeny Kuznetsov - 43 Tom Wilson
27 Karl Alzner - 74 John Carlson
81 Dmitri Orlov - 52 Mike Green
58 Connor Carrick - 4 John Erskine
41 Jaroslav Halak
70 Braden Holtby
| ||Quote of the Day: |
Doors open 3:45pm
Lower Lobby 3pm
Fan Appreciation Night
Jersey’s Off the Back Post Game
Charity of the Game – Don Monti Foundation
Good Guy/Sid Payne Player Award
Mercedes Benz Chuck a Puck