|New York Islanders
30-35-10 (70 points – 8th in Metropolitan Division, 14th in Eastern Conference)
|Ottawa Senators |
32-29-14 (78 points - 6th in Atlantic Division, 15th in Eastern Conference)
|7:00 p.m. |
Canadian Tire Centre
Television: MSG PLUS
Play-by-play: Howie Rose; Color: Butch Goring
Radio: WRHU 88.7 FM, LI News Radio 103.9 FM
Play-by-play: Chris King; Color: Greg Picker
|Islanders Storylines |
• Road Islanders: The Islanders are 13-4-2 in their last 19 road games.
• Bailey's 400th: Josh Bailey will play his 400th career NHL regular season game tonight. Bailey has 170 points (65G, 105A) in 399 career games.
• Last Five: The Isles are 4-0-1 in their last five games.
• Halmo's First: Mike Halmo scored his first-career goal Tuesday night against the Florida Panthers.
|Senators Storylines |
• Team Leaders: Erik Karlsson leads the Senators in assists (50) and points (70), while Kyle Turris leads the Senators with 25 goals.
• Ryan Out: Bobby Ryan will miss the rest of the season with a sports hernia.
• Playoff Push: The Senators are five points back of the Columbus Blue Jackets for the final Wild Card playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
|Islanders player to watch |
Josh Bailey - Forward
Josh Bailey will hit a milestone tonight, as he plays his 400th career NHL game. Bailey played all 399 (regular season) games over six seasons with the Islanders after making his debut on Nov. 11, 2008. The Bowmanville, ON, native is currently skating on the Islanders top line with Frans Nielsen and Anders Lee and has four points (one goal, three assists) in his last four games. Bailey has posted a career-high 24 assists this season.
|Senators player to watch |
Kyle Turris - Forward
Kyle Turris is the NHL’s reigning first star of the week, scoring seven points (four goals, three assists) while leading the Senators to a 3-0-1 record in a critical four-game stretch. The New Westminster, BC native leads the Senators with 25 goals in a breakout campaign where he set new career-highs in goals, assists (30) and points (55). Turris had his four-game point streak end Monday against Carolina.
|2013-14 season series (1-0-0) |
The Islanders took the lone meeting between the teams this season, winning 5-4 – via shootout – in Ottawa on Nov. 1. The Islanders poured a season-high 57 shots on goal and rallied from a pair of two-goal deficits to beat the Senators in the shootout. Frans Nielsen scored the game-tying and-deciding goals.
Nov. 1, 2013: NYI 5, OTT 4 SO - RECAP, BOX SCORE, HIGHLIGHTS
|The Matchup |
|New York Islanders previous game lines |
27 Anders Lee – 51 Frans Nielsen – 12 Josh Bailey
56 John Persson – 29 Brock Nelson – 15 Cal Clutterbuck
17 Matt Martin – 18 Ryan Strome – 13 Colin McDonald
43 Mike Halmo – 53 Casey Cizikas – 28 Johan Sundstrom
44 Calvin de Haan – 3 Travis Hamonic
14 Thomas Hickey – 24 Kevin Czuczman
46 Matt Donovan – 7 Matt Carkner
20 Evgeni Nabokov
45 Anders Nilsson
|Ottawa Senators previous game lines |
16 Clarke MacArthur - 7 Kyle Turris - 61 Mark Stone
9 Milan Michalek - 93 Mika Zibanejad - 83 Ales Hemsky
68 Mike Hoffman - 15 Zack Smith - 25 Chris Neil
28 Matt Kassian - 44 Jean-Gabriel Pageau - 22 Erik Condra
3 Marc Methot - 65 Erik Karlsson
4 Chris Phillips - 62 Eric Gryba
46 Patrick Wiercioch - 5 Cody Ceci
40 Robin Lehner
41 Craig Anderson
| ||Quote of the Day: |
Matt Martin on the Islanders 4-0-1 streak:
Lately, it’s been coming together pretty nicely. In a lot of ways… this is pretty well our team for next season. It’s good that we are gelling, that everyone’s producing and playing good hockey right now.