Hurricanes Manager of Media Relations / Broadcast Coordinator Kyle Hanlin is in Traverse City for the 2010 prospects tournament and will be tweeting live updates during each game. Follow him on Twitter @KyleHanlin
or check here for updates throughout the day.
For more information on the Traverse City tournament, including scores, schedules, lineups and statsitics, please click here
.Final Score: Hurricanes 8, Columbus 1
- Canes win 8-1 over CBJ. Shots read 49-24. Take 2nd in Gretzky Division. Will play 3rd place game at 5:30pm.
- No blood on 5-on-3. Now some 5-on-4.
- CBJ slashing and cross-checking penalties at 17:09 makes it 4-on-3 for Canes. 5-on-3 to follow.
- Offsetting roughing minors at 16:25 opens up the ice for some 4-on-4. #moregoals?
- CBJ penalty at 11:54 for roughing. Canes PP.
- Derek Claffey scores to make it 8-1 Canes - McKenzie w/ helper. Assists on Kennedy's last goal prob should have been Dalpe and Lawson.
- Matt Kennedy makes it 7-1 Canes at 8:07 of 3rd per. Skinner with the lone assist.
- CBJ takes penalty at 19:35 of 2nd. Canes to have 1:35 of power play to start 3rd.
- Michal Jordan scores to make it 6-1 Canes at 18:29 of 2nd. Assists to Nash and Staal.
- Jeff Skinner makes it 5-1 with a rifle of a wrist shot, top shelf at 14:43. Called unassisted, should be Dalpe and Staal.
- Canes make it 4-1 at 11:56 of 2nd as Rasmus Rissanen's shot from the top of the slot slips thru the goalie's pads. Assist to Shugg.
- CBJ breaks thru at 8:48 of 2nd as Canes were caught in a change. Goal scored by No. 92, Francis. Canes leas 3-1.
- Fight (not much of one) between Canes' Jordan Hill and Columbus' No. 85 at 6:42. Canes still lead 3-0.
- Sorry - goal at 4:02.
- Pistilli makes it 3-0 Canes as he puts home the rebound of Kennedy's shot at 3:58 of 2nd. Skinner w/ other assist.
- CBJ power play as Mike McKenzie takes a hooking penalty at 1:01. Skinner and Dalpe w/ assists on Kennedy's PPG.
- Matt Kennedy scores from the doorstep on the power play, 45 seconds into 2nd per. 2-0 Canes!
- Canes take 1-0 lead to locker room after 1sr. Shots read CAR 22, CBJ 5. I think that's a bit off. We'll see if it's corrected in int.
- CBJ takes delay of game penalty with 41.3 seconds remaining in 1st.
- Only announced assist to Kennedy, but should be Dalpe from Kennedy and Skinner. Kennedy must've touched puck on its way thru slot.
- CBJ holding penalty at 17:11 results in Dalpe PP goal at 17:37. Nice puck handling/pass by Skinner. Canes 1-0!
- Back-to-Back left pad saves by Murphy keep it 0-0. Canes lead shots 13-3 (CBJ should prob have four). 4:45 remaining in 1st.
- CBJ records their first shot at 7:40. Shots 9-1 for Canes.
- Canes PK does its job. CBJ PP fails to record a shot on goal. Canes lead shots 5-0, 5:40 in.
- Claffey to the box for hooking at 2:54. CBJ PP.
- Claffey playing as Levi was a game time decision. Levi took warm up, and could play tomorrow.
- Canes rookies and CBJ rookies about to get underway. MIN beat NYR, so Canes can't play in championship game. :(
- Carolina's d-pairings (may include gametime decision): Levi-Jordan, Rissanen-Lawson, Hill-Stahl. Murphy in goal.
- Carolina's forward lines for v. CBJ (6:30pm): Dalpe-Skinner-Kennedy, McKenzie-Nash-Staal, MacDonald-Caria-Shugg, Collins-McNicoll-Pistilli