Still looking for something to do on New Year’s Eve….how about a Hurricanes game
Naturally, there is only one way to explain why you should join us for the New Year’s Eve game and that is with a countdown. To avoid doing the expected Top 10 countdown, I will mix it up a little by having a Top 8. I know your time is valuable and you are busy creating New Year’s Resolutions!
Carolina Hurricanes vs. Atlanta Thrashers, 8:00 p.m.8. The host
- Who needs Dick Clark, Ryan Seacrest or Carson Daly when you can bring in the New Years with host Ron the Ref
7. New York City Ball Drop - The coverage from New York will be shown on the jumbotron and MANY TV’s, giving all in attendance a great view. In addition we will continue the tradition of dropping a massive hockey puck at midnight.
6. Eric Staal - Consider these quick facts- *Earned his sixth career hat trick with three third-period goals at ATL (12/26) and matched the franchise record he already shared for goals in one period. * In the last 11 games Staal has earned 13 points (12/7-12/27: 9g, 4a). *Is first on the team (10th in the NHL) in goals (17) and second on the team in points (28) through the season's first 37 games * Last but not least the Hurricanes are 9-0-1 when Staal scores a goal.
5. SPACE - Why cram, jam and pack your way into a bar when you can have the space of the RBC Center. The Arena Club and Ledge Lounge will remain open immediately following the game and offer more space then 87% of New Year’s Eve parties in the Triangle Area. (Note: this is not based on scientific numbers or any research, simply me stopping to think for a few seconds and the number seemed right. However, I am confident we offer more space then most venues!)
4. Who, What, When, Where? -The puck drops for the game at 8:00 p.m. The after party is open to individuals of all ages andwill begin immediately following the game!
3. Fireworks - There will be an 8-12 minute fireworks show starting at 12:30 AM. Individuals will be able to see the fireworks from the Arena restaurant or the south side of the RBC Center.
2. Another Type of Explosion, Offensive Explosion - Last time the Canes took on the Thrashers it resulted in nine goals, and a 5-4 Hurricanes victory. However, it also included hat tricks by Staal (review reason number 6) and Bryan Little of the Atlanta Thrashers.
1. Three for the Price of One - Many parties charge high prices for one event. For the price of one ticket you receive access to a professional sporting event, after party (featuring the music of the Party Nuts) and fireworks.
See you all tomorrow night!