During the 2010-2011 season we introduced our Holiday Mystery Puck fundraiser that raised close to $40,000 for the Kids ‘N Community Foundation. Due to the success of the fundraiser last season, we decided to bring it back, and we added a holiday! We have an exciting series of six limited edition Carolina Hurricanes holiday mystery pucks this year that will be sold at the Kids ‘N Community Foundation kiosk (outside of section 129) at the beginning of select games.
|Gabby Pinto |
The pucks are themed differently with each holiday, and the mystery lies on what player’s signature will be on the puck. The Hurricanes wives will be selling 300 of each Holiday puck for $30 each. Sales will begin when the doors open at 6 p.m. and will continue until all 300 pucks are sold. The puck will come with a Certificate of Authenticity and a tax receipt. There will be a limit of two pucks per person. Make sure to come early, as these pucks are known to sell quickly!
All proceeds will benefit the Kids ‘N Community Foundation. The Foundation is a 501(c) 3 organization that raises money to support children’s organizations that focus on health, education, and underserved populations. During the 2010-2011 season, the Kids ‘N Community Foundation awarded $539,771 in cash grants to 71 different children’s charities in North Carolina.
This fundraiser will contribute to the giving that we do through the Kids ‘N Community Foundation. Come visit us at the Kids ‘N Community kiosk on any of the following dates to help us serve the community through this fun and exciting mystery holiday puck fundraiser!
- On October 28, we will be selling the spookiest of the series, the Halloween puck. This puck is black and features a white ghost with the Hurricanes logo in the center.
- On November 23, we gratefully introduce the Thanksgiving puck. This puck is orange and decorated with red and yellow leaves and has a Hurricanes logo in the center.
- On December 21, the cheery Holiday puck will be on sale. It is the perfect stocking stuffer! The puck is light blue featuring a large, white snowflake with a Hurricanes logo in the center.
- On December 29, we will celebrate with our New Year puck. The puck is red with black balloons and confetti with a Hurricanes logo in the center.
- On February 4, not only will we have our lovely Valentine’s Day puck, but we have a mystery package for your Valentine that will include more than just the puck. We will provide additional information on this package as we get closer to the date. The puck is pink featuring red and white hearts with the Hurricanes logo in the center.
- On March 15, we will be selling the last and luckiest puck of the series, the St. Patrick’s Day puck. The puck is white and features a large, green four-leaf clover with the Hurricanes logo in the center.
If you came out last year to our mystery holiday puck nights, we appreciate your support, and we hope you will consider purchasing one or collecting all six of the pucks this year. Be sure to come make the coolest pucks on the ice yours while helping out a great cause!
2011-12 Holiday Mystery Pucks