On Friday, March 22, Carolina Hurricanes players, coaches, broadcasters, front office executives and over 600 Kids ‘N Community Foundation supporters gathered on the arena floor for the 8th Annual Casino Night and Wine Tasting presented by PNC.
|Kristina Boyce |
Guests entered the arena and walked the red carpet to enter an “Around the World” experience. Members of the Eye Care Associates Storm Squad were dressed as flight attendants, each guest received a “passport” at registration and the player’s home countries were represented throughout the evening.
The night was filled with competitive casino games with the players, music provided by DJ Mike Morse, delicious food from various countries, a silent auction filled with over 100 items, a photo booth and an exciting live auction! It was truly a night to remember as members of our community gathered to have a good time while raising money for an incredible cause.
This year’s event broke our fundraising record. With the help of each person that attended, we were able to raise over $276,000 for the Kids ‘N Community Foundation. This month, we are able to donate $150,000 in Game Changer Grants to 15 different non-profit children’s organizations in North Carolina because of the funds raised at Casino Night.
Highlights of the evening included:
- Two Segway tour trips in Downtown Raleigh with Cam Ward, Jay Harrison and Kevin Westgarth that raised $21,000
- A behind-the-scenes experience called “A Day in the Life of a Carolina Hurricanes Coach” that raised $51,000
- The featured Hurricanes player baskets raised $41,633
- The cheers from the casino tables when the players were dealing throughout the night
- Shutterbooth brought their photo booth to ensure every guest went home with a keepsake!
- Baskets that included Hurricanes players’ favorite things. For instance, Tim Gleason’s basket included dinner with his family!
- Rare Hurricanes memorabilia
- Food representing Italy, Finland, Czech Republic, USA, Russia, Canada, England, Ireland, France and more!
- A special mystery puck fundraiser presented by TriSure
- Players’ Lounge area sponsored by Convergence Technologies
Guests enjoyed a wine tasting provided by Empire Distributors and Total Wine and More-Brier Creek and an incredible beer selection from Natty Greene’s, RA Jeffreys, Long Beverage and Mims Distributing. Our catering department also came up with a fun signature drink called the “Jet Setter.”
A special thanks to our secondary sponsor, Convergence Technologies, for supporting the event for the third year in a row!
The success of the event would not have been possible without the support of PNC as our title sponsor. PNC is a wonderful partner and is definitely making a huge impact in the North Carolina community.
Thank you to each guest that attended, all of our event sponsors, every business that donated an item for our silent auction and all of the Carolina Hurricanes players, coaches and staff for making the 2013 Casino Night a night to remember!
For more information on the Kids ‘N Community Foundation, please visit our microsite.