Proceeds from Event to Benefit North Carolina Children’s Hospital
RALEIGH, N.C. (July 29, 2003)
– The Carolina Hurricanes’ Kids ‘N Community Foundation will play host on Saturday, Aug. 16 as The Cheesecake Factory celebrates the grand opening of its Raleigh location at Crabtree Valley Mall. The Foundation and The Cheesecake Factory have selected the North Carolina Children’s Hospital as the sole beneficiary for the restaurant chain’s traditional charity event celebrating a location’s grand opening.
The public is invited to take part in the event that will include a sumptuous buffet of The Cheesecake Factory’s famous specialties, delicious appetizers and cheesecake, accompanied by live music. Tickets are $50 per person and can be purchased by calling 919-966-1201 or 1-800-962-2543. One hundred percent of all ticket sales to The Cheesecake Factory grand opening party will directly support the programs offered at the North Carolina Children’s Hospital.
More than 40,000 children from all 100 North Carolina counties and surrounding states come to the North Carolina Children’s Hospital for 128,000 visits for diagnosis and treatment. Nationally and internationally recognized physicians along with an outstanding nursing staff and other health care professionals provide high-quality care for children with complex diseases. Private gifts from individuals, plus grants and support from corporate and community friends like The Cheesecake Factory and the Carolina Hurricanes will help the North Carolina Children’s Hospital continue to provide the children of North Carolina the very best quality care.
The Kids ‘N Community Foundation provides much needed funding to children’s charities and education programs throughout North Carolina. With ongoing support from players, annual special events and the corporate community, the Foundation has funded scholarship programs, youth hockey, educational and literacy efforts, children’s health programs, the arts and other children’s related initiatives. Annually, the Foundation provides cash and in-kind contributions totaling nearly $1 million to charitable and educational programs in North Carolina. The players, their families and the team’s staff are actively involved in community activities. The Hurricanes take great pride in the ability to have a positive impact in our state.
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates 63 upscale, casual dining restaurants under The Cheesecake Factory name. The company also operates a bakery production facility that produces more than 40 varieties of quality cheesecakes and other baked products for its restaurants and for third-party foodservice operators and distributors.
- What: The Cheesecake Factory grand opening party hosted by the Carolina Hurricanes’ Kids ‘N Community Foundation to benefit the North Carolina Children’s Hospital
- Where: The Cheesecake Factory, Crabtree Valley Mall, 4325 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh, NC
- When: Saturday, Aug. 16, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- How: Tickets can be purchased for $50 each by calling 919-966-1201 or 1-800-962-2543
- Who: The public is invited. For more information regarding this event, media should contact Carolina Hurricanes Community Relations Manager Emma Bennett at 919-861-5467 or The Cheesecake Factory Senior Vice President Howard R. Gordon at 818-871-3014.